Ludicom
April 20, 2024, 09:26:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Ludicomic- Voting and Discussion

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: The Ludicomic- Voting and Discussion  (Read 871 times)
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« on: January 30, 2011, 07:24:04 pm »

Okay, for those of you unaware, the Ludicomic is the site comic planned for release shortly. I am giving every member a chance to voice their opinions on what they want to see here. On each topic or issue, you can choose to reply with your preferences, opinions, and ideas. The more input I get, the better it turns out. Wink

Topic 1- Style

Pretty simple. 1 or 2? Each has it's pros and cons- 1 takes me longer to draw, for your reference, but I'll let you decide what the pros are in this case. ^^

Topic 2- Characters and Setting

What should the characters be? Humans? Gijinkas? Pokemon? In what sort of a world should it take place? Any other related ideas?

Topic 3- Plot

What should the plot revolve around? Even scraps of ideas here help me out- even a crummy idea can serve as inspiration or be warped into something beautiful. Smiley

Topic 4- Submit Characters

Submit your own characters! If you've ever visited a roleplaying topic, you know what to do. If you don't include enough detail, you won't be used, plain and simple.

Topic 5- Decisions

How should the story be decided? Should I write it and do it as I see fit, or would you prefer that I make this into a pseudo-roleplay type deal where everyone controls their own characters? Any other ideas?

I might add more to the topic as things come up, but for now, this'll do. Discuss!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Upa!
Swift Swimmer

Upa! da woopa KING

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 07:50:07 pm »

OHMYGAAAAAD THIS IS GUNNA BE EPIC Cheesy
and i like style 1, it looks ALLOT better Tongue
Personaly, i would love to do gijinkas if that works with evryone else.
I have no idea wut to do for a plot, but im good with wutever.
I have like a notebook of unused charecter ideas so once we figure out the plot/setting i will submit one
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 08:08:50 pm by Upa! » Report Spam   Logged

>-(◕ ◡ ◕)-<
       /   \   
      |    |  
    <_/  \_>
Verathim
Emerald Hoarder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 07:57:13 pm »

Topic 1- Style

Pretty simple. 1 or 2? Each has it's pros and cons- 1 takes me longer to draw, for your reference, but I'll let you decide what the pros are in this case. ^^

I would say one, but if it takes long, then two.

What should the characters be? Humans? Gijinkas? Pokemon? In what sort of a world should it take place? Any other related ideas?

Humans.

Topic 3- Plot

What should the plot revolve around? Even scraps of ideas here help me out- even a crummy idea can serve as inspiration or be warped into something beautiful. Smiley

I would say a Pokemon Parody. Mainly jokes and irrelevant material that, although won't contribute to the main process of the story, keep the reader entertained.

Submit your own characters! If you've ever visited a roleplaying topic, you know what to do. If you don't include enough detail, you won't be used, plain and simple.
I might, but I'll send details over pm tomorrow after my classes.

Topic 5- Decisions

How should the story be decided? Should I write it and do it as I see fit, or would you prefer that I make this into a pseudo-roleplay type deal where everyone controls their own characters? Any other ideas?

In all honesty, you should do the story... I mean, better trust yourself than others. Just saying.
Report Spam   Logged

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8585-9856

Found 100+ Shinies in XY combined

Mains Samus, Pit and Sonic (Will main other newcomers)
RosimInc
Emerald Hoarder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 08:53:16 pm »

Topic 1- Style

I would say 2.
Number 1 looks awesome, but it is too serious for a comic. It is really well drawn, but as you said it must be pretty long to do. And as you said in my topic a while ago, the essence of a comic does not reside in the images, but in the contents.
We all know that you can draw like a professional. But we also know that you can write as good Smiley.
And seriously, number 2 looks great too, but in my honest opinion it fits a comic better because it is easier to caricaturate people and Pokémon that way, and you would not have to focus on unneccesary details when drawing.

That would be your own choice. It would depend on the kind of story you would like to write. Gijinkas would be a nice challenge though, but if the story is about Pokémon trainers, then you would use both humans and Pokémon. But if it is mainly a "one-race" story, then Gijinkas might be great. And to make it even more special, if the Gijinkas have the power of the Pokémon they represent - if they represent any - because it's cool to combine Pokémon powers with human traits.

Topic 3- Plot

Then again, it is your own choice. But here are some suggestions depending on the style of story you want.
A love story; either between two humans or two Pokémon.
A funny story: Like in your Nuzlocke, caricaturing the gameplay of Pokémon, or showing other humoristical things.
A dramatic story: Revolving around a death or suicide perhaps, generally human story. A small suspense with comical elements from time to time.
I may post more specific stories if you wish.

I have a lot of imagination. If you want me to imagine a character description or anything, I can help. Or names, depending on the nationality, or perhaps Pokémon type.

Topic 5- Decisions

I think you should make the decisions. Perhaps ask others their opinion about things, but generally the story is yours. And up to now your ideas have always been great. I trust you and I know that whatever you will do it is going to be epic.

Sorry if I was not really precise, I may post again in here later Smiley.

Sincerely,
RosimInc
Report Spam   Logged
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 08:58:49 pm »

So far, gijinkas seem to be the popular choice for race. I could do lots of things with that, so I'm cool with that. Cheesy I'll also be doing the story as my own, for the most part.

I really appreciate how detailed your comments have been- every bit of every comment has helped so far. I'll continue to watch this topic for awhile and allow more people to post/more comments to flow in. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 09:31:18 pm »

Topic 1-
1 all the way. I wouldn't even consider 2. Sorry. Tongue I'm being frank.

Topic 2-
Characters should be mixed. See my idea of a plot.
Which means Humans, Gijinkas and Pokemon.

Topic 3-
VGCats. Just saying. Something like that parodying random stuff and sketches you may come up with or random incidents occuring on PPN, Ludicom and stuff. With maybe some plot line of some kinda Pokemon quest.
You'd get like active members designed as Humans, Gijinkas or Pokemon traveling in a party (kinda like those MMORPGs comics) and stuff happening. People wanting to have themselves designed as a certain something could submit their ideas, etc.
That's what I thought at the moment I read that you wanted to do a Ludicomic.

Topic 4-
I'm not familiar with FRPs... D: Well, as I said, my Gijinka in my Nuzlocke run. Cheesy
From reading my nuzlocke, you can figure him up a bit but I can fill some kinda form if you'd like.

Topic 5-
NO fuckING RPs PLEASE! Q.Q
I dun like RPs and I hate reading through RPs. It's just wrong imo.
/Q.Q
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 07:27:23 am »

Topic 1- Style

I prefer Style 1 a lot.  It is a great showcase of your talent.

Well you should totally have a Ludicolo as your sidekick.  That's all I got so far xP
I dont really think it should be a gijinka world tbh..

Topic 3- Plot

Well in terms of Genre, it should encompass many forms as opposed to one thing.  So it could have Adventure, Comedy, Drama, etc all in one.  Those are the best kinds of things.

I already have an idea in mind if you let me make a character :3

Topic 5- Decisions

Well not everyone likes RPing, but I think it would be cool if people continue to submit situations for their characters as the story continues on.

Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
Upa!
Swift Swimmer

Upa! da woopa KING

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 12:42:28 pm »

i gave it some more thought and maybe instead of gijinkas we should do trainers. if we do trainers we can cover more genres and parody things that happen in game.Maybe we could do like a league sort of thing and some characters could be challengers and others could be gym leaders. everyone((who wants to)) could to nuzlock style breakthroughs of the reagion, starting at whichever town they want and eventually ending up at the elite 4 place. i just finished making up a region map cause i was bored Smiley
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 12:50:58 pm by Upa! » Report Spam   Logged

>-(◕ ◡ ◕)-<
       /   \   
      |    |  
    <_/  \_>
Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 01:38:00 pm »

yeah we should have trainers Tongue

Ludicom Region maybe?
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
Upa!
Swift Swimmer

Upa! da woopa KING

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2011, 01:45:46 pm »

yeah we should have trainers Tongue

Ludicom Region maybe?
yea. we can chose a main/ first pokemon and a starting town and you can chose your own adventure from there sort of thing. im drawing a region right naw, not that we have to use this one but im bored as hell so why not Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

>-(◕ ◡ ◕)-<
       /   \   
      |    |  
    <_/  \_>
Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2011, 02:12:23 pm »

yea. we can chose a main/ first pokemon and a starting town and you can chose your own adventure from there sort of thing. im drawing a region right naw, not that we have to use this one but im bored as hell so why not Tongue

I don't wanna RP. D:
But anyways, trainers can be gijinkas too... sorta. At least they can dress as Pokemon like Pokemaniacs, Pokefans and Pokekids.
Report Spam   Logged

Upa!
Swift Swimmer

Upa! da woopa KING

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2011, 02:15:35 pm »

I don't wanna RP. D:
But anyways, trainers can be gijinkas too... sorta. At least they can dress as Pokemon like Pokemaniacs, Pokefans and Pokekids.
true true... im not sure how you would do any of this without rping though... what specifically don't you like about it?
Report Spam   Logged

>-(◕ ◡ ◕)-<
       /   \   
      |    |  
    <_/  \_>
Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2011, 02:20:57 pm »

true true... im not sure how you would do any of this without rping though... what specifically don't you like about it?

For short, everything.
Report Spam   Logged

Upa!
Swift Swimmer

Upa! da woopa KING

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2011, 02:28:39 pm »

For short, everything.
Well then why did you make a nuzlock comic, there essentially the same thing. creating a character and writing or drawing them in different scenarios.
Report Spam   Logged

>-(◕ ◡ ◕)-<
       /   \   
      |    |  
    <_/  \_>
Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2011, 02:36:32 pm »

Well then why did you make a nuzlock comic, there essentially the same thing. creating a character and writing or drawing them in different scenarios.

Because I needed a kick in the arse to start drawing?
Also, I'm alone in that Nuzlocke so it doesn't count.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: