Ludicom
April 20, 2024, 12:12:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Thread Of Topiclessness [Current Era: Fancy headwear]

Pages: 1 ... 1679 1680 [1681] 1682 1683 ... 1685
  Print  
Author Topic: Thread Of Topiclessness [Current Era: Fancy headwear]  (Read 130021 times)
Darkgale
Ludicolo Expert

View Profile
« Reply #25200 on: November 24, 2016, 11:14:43 pm »

Pokemon Sun and Moon are out! Hype :o
I got rowlet. Which starter did you guys get?
Yay reading everyone's life updates and finding it hard to believe these were the same 14 year old kids I knew 6/7 years ago!

So here's my little update to those who care :P

I finished university last year (degree in Computer Science & Japanese Language). Sat here as a 25 year old now... during the active days of PPN I was 18 and had not so much interest in Pokemon. I loved my Piplup and would take the poor thing into competitive battling against people like Darkness Unleashed. Coming across this forum randomly got me into Pokemon Platinum and to you guys! Can't believe there's still people here checking every so often, it's nice to see familiar names for the first time in years.

Now I'm working as a backend web developer for a fairly decent company since graduating, and I'll be getting married uhm... in two weeks to a Chinese girl I've been with for four years. It feels crazy knowing how I had so little when I was 18, barely affording a DS to play Pokemon as my family was poor as they come. Yet, here I am. About to start a family. My biggest regret is being unable to show my mum the person I ended up as. She passed away in 2012 from cancer - it only took 4 months from discovery until it took her and we were completely unprepared for it.

I owe to my unwillingness to give up making games, even though it was in Game Maker and I never finished a game. I now owe my career to it as it introduced me into the programming field.  (I still haven't finished a game yet... I'm still trying!) PS. Aryeh, no more dragons, please! We have too many dragons! Stop writing more in! Those were some nice memories xD

On the other hand...
20 days to go for Pokemon Sun/Moon and I am hyped. Bring it!
I don't think we talked much, but I'm pretty sure I remember you.
I'm majoring in Computer Science as well. I'm a senior right now.
It looks like you're doing well and I'm happy for you man. You'll make a game someday as long as you keep at it, haha.
Also, I actually took Japanese as my language requirement for college, but I haven't practiced the language at
all after passing the required intermediate level course. Teach me pls :p
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 1679 1680 [1681] 1682 1683 ... 1685
  Print  

Jump to: