Ludicom
March 19, 2024, 01:47:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Thread Of Topiclessness [Current Era: Fancy headwear]

Pages: 1 ... 1681 1682 [1683] 1684 1685
  Print  
Author Topic: Thread Of Topiclessness [Current Era: Fancy headwear]  (Read 123075 times)
Darkgale
Ludicolo Expert

View Profile
« Reply #25230 on: April 10, 2017, 11:53:29 pm »

I'm struggling with what I want to go to school for. Part of me says Auto tech and be a mechanic but that shit is so expensive cuz of the tools and shit. Another part says plumber cuz it's easy to get into. I dunno. Life is hard ;-;
Make a personal list of the pros and cons of each. Decide based on that.
Which decision do you think you'll be happier with say, 5 years down the line?
Report Spam   Logged
NintendoLverr
Meee
Lotadpole

View Profile
« Reply #25231 on: April 12, 2017, 03:19:11 am »

I'm struggling with what I want to go to school for. Part of me says Auto tech and be a mechanic but that shit is so expensive cuz of the tools and shit. Another part says plumber cuz it's easy to get into. I dunno. Life is hard ;-;

When I was in school for diesel tech a few of us received cards for 50% off our first order at Sears.  I applied for a Sears credit card and bought the largest Craftsmen set they had (ratchets, sockets, wrenches/ratcheting wrenches, various other tools, literally the works) with no interest rates, perhaps wherever you go may have the same sort of deal.  Their lowest accepted payment is like $25 a month.  Specialty tools you just buy as you need, and borrow from coworkers if you're desperate.  Go on craigslist and buy a decent cabinet, and go to Harbor Freight for the rest.  I know everyone really bags on their tools, but if you take care of them they'll last.. and even if they don't, most of their stuff has a lifetime warranty.  I bought a DA, die grinder, air hammer and a few other air tools from them a few years ago and they all still work like new.  I'd also highly suggest buying things like impact sockets and 1"+ wrenches from them.  Their prices are impossible to beat, especially when you're just starting out.

And it really goes without saying, but stay away from the Snap-On and Mac tool trucks your first couple of years on the job.  You might feel like a badass with the top-tier tools, but what you're paying for them really isn't worth it yet.
Report Spam   Logged
Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« Reply #25232 on: April 14, 2017, 10:38:06 am »

Hey everyone if you're reading this at all.  If anyone wants to get in touch, even if only to say hi, please do.  My steam is neonrideraryeh, I'm on that all the time I'm online.  I'm not really on skype anymore.  You could find me on discord sometimes if you want to add me, same username there too on everything.  Also on reddit if anyone wants to PM since I often don't remember to show up on this forum.  I don't check it too often and still figuring out how it works, but I have twitter as well, also a facebook but again not on it often.
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #25233 on: April 30, 2017, 11:28:46 am »

Hey everyone if you're reading this at all.  If anyone wants to get in touch, even if only to say hi, please do.  My steam is neonrideraryeh, I'm on that all the time I'm online.  I'm not really on skype anymore.  You could find me on discord sometimes if you want to add me, same username there too on everything.  Also on reddit if anyone wants to PM since I often don't remember to show up on this forum.  I don't check it too often and still figuring out how it works, but I have twitter as well, also a facebook but again not on it often.
Discord ID numbers?
Report Spam   Logged

Must...resist...creepy urges... too many witnesses... would look weird...
Coyote Starrk
Primera Espada
Lombre Legend

Cero Metralleta

View Profile
« Reply #25234 on: May 03, 2017, 03:34:51 pm »

When I was in school for diesel tech a few of us received cards for 50% off our first order at Sears.  I applied for a Sears credit card and bought the largest Craftsmen set they had (ratchets, sockets, wrenches/ratcheting wrenches, various other tools, literally the works) with no interest rates, perhaps wherever you go may have the same sort of deal.  Their lowest accepted payment is like $25 a month.  Specialty tools you just buy as you need, and borrow from coworkers if you're desperate.  Go on craigslist and buy a decent cabinet, and go to Harbor Freight for the rest.  I know everyone really bags on their tools, but if you take care of them they'll last.. and even if they don't, most of their stuff has a lifetime warranty.  I bought a DA, die grinder, air hammer and a few other air tools from them a few years ago and they all still work like new.  I'd also highly suggest buying things like impact sockets and 1"+ wrenches from them.  Their prices are impossible to beat, especially when you're just starting out.

And it really goes without saying, but stay away from the Snap-On and Mac tool trucks your first couple of years on the job.  You might feel like a badass with the top-tier tools, but what you're paying for them really isn't worth it yet.
I thought harbor freight was like absolute trash? : (
Report Spam   Logged

NintendoLverr
Meee
Lotadpole

View Profile
« Reply #25235 on: May 13, 2017, 02:16:07 am »

I thought harbor freight was like absolute trash? : (

To tell you the truth, I don't even know where that stereotype came from.  Literally every tool I've bought there still works.  In high school they were having a sale for a like 300+ piece socket/wrench set for somewhere around $130.  Pretty much an impossible deal to pass up, and all of my ratchets from that set still surprisingly work, they're just my home shop beaters. 

Buuuuut there is sort of an exception.  Their HVLP guns aren't so great.  I've owned about five of them and use them just to spray adhesives.  They're cheap enough that I'll just buy them and use em a few times then just throw them away.
Report Spam   Logged
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #25236 on: June 13, 2017, 09:58:45 am »

I'm going into IT. Getting a certification first, then taking a cyber security college course.
Report Spam   Logged

Must...resist...creepy urges... too many witnesses... would look weird...
Sato
'Coolest' Guy in the Gem Cities
Sapphire Collector

'Ice' To Meet You

View Profile
« Reply #25237 on: June 21, 2017, 11:15:08 am »

Just an idea I had. I'm sure a fair few of you have Discord if you're still active in online communities etc. I've made one that I'm gonna idle in if anyone wants to join. If we get a few people in it could end up pretty fun!

https://discord.gg/5mc98tm Link doesn't expire. I'm on at UK times but feel free to ping me whenever!
Report Spam   Logged

Please someone make me a new sig oh god it's awful.

You will have my children.
Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #25238 on: June 24, 2017, 11:44:05 am »

Just an idea I had. I'm sure a fair few of you have Discord if you're still active in online communities etc. I've made one that I'm gonna idle in if anyone wants to join. If we get a few people in it could end up pretty fun!

https://discord.gg/5mc98tm Link doesn't expire. I'm on at UK times but feel free to ping me whenever!
I'm also on this now, so please everybody feel free to visit.  Maybe this community can live on slightly via the discord chat.  Spread the link around to others you've kept contact with too maybe.  Sometimes it's easier to drop a post in a chatroom tab than visit the forum, it seems.
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
Eric
The higest rank of the turtles in the turtle kingdom.
Ruby Gatherer

Turtle power is not the power to be underestimated

View Profile
« Reply #25239 on: July 22, 2017, 05:28:44 am »

Ooh sounds interesting. I will try to join later as I don't have discord now. Need to wait until I got WiFi XD

It feels nostalgic to post here my gosh
Report Spam   Logged

I am in need of Minecraft gift codes. I can't buy online stuff and I really love minecraft. So If you have a spare gift code, I hope you can give me. =)
Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #25240 on: August 06, 2017, 01:05:35 pm »

Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Cool Huh? Tongue Lips Sealed Undecided Cry Evil Azn

^vote which emot you want me to add to the discord chat Tongue keep in mind gifs dont actually move, they'll pause

Shocked Roll Eyes Afro < already added, but I can't be asked to save all them so pick the best ones
Report Spam   Logged

Eric
Ruby Gatherer

View Profile
« Reply #25241 on: September 08, 2017, 09:41:24 am »

Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Cool Huh? Tongue Lips Sealed Undecided Cry Evil Azn

^vote which emot you want me to add to the discord chat Tongue keep in mind gifs dont actually move, they'll pause

Shocked Roll Eyes Afro < already added, but I can't be asked to save all them so pick the best ones
Grin Tongue These two is the one I use oftenly sooooooo

What the heck happened to my DP and signature pic
Report Spam   Logged

I am in need of Minecraft gift codes. I can't buy online stuff and I really love minecraft. So If you have a spare gift code, I hope you can give me. =)
Miku the Fake Identity
Tempo Owner

View Profile
« Reply #25242 on: September 08, 2017, 09:07:41 pm »

Grin Tongue These two is the one I use oftenly sooooooo

What the heck happened to my DP and signature pic
I always wondered if you had noticed lol
Report Spam   Logged
Eric
Ruby Gatherer

View Profile
« Reply #25243 on: September 20, 2017, 11:35:30 pm »

I always wondered if you had noticed lol
It was fine a month ago. Ah well I'm too lazy to change it XD
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #25244 on: December 03, 2017, 04:56:09 pm »

there were some spam posts posted here, I saw today.  So I deleted them, I forgot I could do that lol.  Though somebody might wanna ban the account associated with it.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 1681 1682 [1683] 1684 1685
  Print  

Jump to: