Ludicom
April 18, 2024, 04:07:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Thread Of Topiclessness [Current Era: Fancy headwear]

Pages: 1 ... 1579 1580 [1581] 1582 1583 ... 1685
  Print  
Author Topic: Thread Of Topiclessness [Current Era: Fancy headwear]  (Read 129296 times)
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #23700 on: September 07, 2014, 06:49:21 pm »

Grade 11 in Canada, also technically Grade 11 in US, but they call it senior or some shit.

You didnt have that from Year 9? We have that from Grade 9 here.

Grades 9-12 are called Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, and Senior in the states. As far as I can tell, it's because more and more people realize they won't be going to college and still want to have the titles at some point.
Report Spam   Logged

Must...resist...creepy urges... too many witnesses... would look weird...
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23701 on: September 07, 2014, 07:45:36 pm »

Just scared Kinfin by showing him a cat mating video. Was hilarious.
Report Spam   Logged

Zohaib
スチール
Rain Dish

Main FC: 3711-9411-9563

gucci gang

View Profile
« Reply #23702 on: September 07, 2014, 07:50:45 pm »

When you get to Year 10, you get to choose which subjects but still have to do English/Maths/a Science/sometime a school might force some other shiz.  This is for the GCSEs.  Then in Year 12 which is Sixth Form for the A-Levels, you get fully full choice.
bolded makes sence
this is how it is starting grade 9 here

i have no clue what you said after that
Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: Me
kanye, pokemon and deep throating are my favoruite things
Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« Reply #23703 on: September 08, 2014, 05:10:31 pm »

bolded makes sence
this is how it is starting grade 9 here

i have no clue what you said after that
Qualifications in the UK in high school are the GCSEs (years 10-11) and then the A-Levels (years 12-13).  This is what people will be able to stick on the CVs/resumés.  For example I have a GSCE in Chemistry and an A-Level in Business Studies.  We don't have an overall "high school diploma" thing, we have different qualifications for each subject that you complete.  Sixth form is just another name for year 12/13 that people use for some reason.
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
Miku the Fake Identity
Tempo Owner

View Profile
« Reply #23704 on: September 09, 2014, 02:39:02 am »

Renamed myself. Who approves of my new name?
Report Spam   Logged
Miku the Fake Identity
Tempo Owner

View Profile
« Reply #23705 on: September 09, 2014, 04:54:43 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Coyote Starrk
Primera Espada
Lombre Legend

Cero Metralleta

View Profile
« Reply #23706 on: September 09, 2014, 08:34:51 pm »

So was supposed to get surgery today but the doctor forgot to order literally everything for the surgery, so we now have to go in tomorrow and my aunt has been threatening to kick me out of the house all fucking day today because I've been pointing out how blackmail/extortion is not a form of love.

Suicide is looking like the best choice every single day I live.
Report Spam   Logged

Miku the Fake Identity
Tempo Owner

View Profile
« Reply #23707 on: September 10, 2014, 07:23:59 am »

I love my new avatar, especially the fact that its true to so many people but not me

fck the police
Report Spam   Logged
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23708 on: September 10, 2014, 08:29:54 am »

Qualifications in the UK in high school are the GCSEs (years 10-11) and then the A-Levels (years 12-13).  This is what people will be able to stick on the CVs/resumés.  For example I have a GSCE in Chemistry and an A-Level in Business Studies.  We don't have an overall "high school diploma" thing, we have different qualifications for each subject that you complete.  Sixth form is just another name for year 12/13 that people use for some reason.
See, that makes enough sense.

In the US, it's just numbered grades, goes up to 12 for public schools. For pretty much any job, if you're old enough to have a high school diploma, you need one. Some people will hire high school dropouts (people who didn't get a diploma), but it's usually minimum wage at best. In other words, having your high school diploma isn't anything special and having it is considered a given/necessary.

For us, what we can stick on our resume is things above that- so college, mostly. If you're desperate, some people will put extra curriculars on them. Once you've got job experience, that's the gold standard. I hated school, but oh, how I miss my school days... ;~;

So was supposed to get surgery today but the doctor forgot to order literally everything for the surgery, so we now have to go in tomorrow and my aunt has been threatening to kick me out of the house all fucking day today because I've been pointing out how blackmail/extortion is not a form of love.

Suicide is looking like the best choice every single day I live.
Just saying, the offer of a futon to sleep on is still open, if all hell breaks loose.

Sorry to hear you've been getting shit again though. Hopefully things cool off for you... If it makes you feel any better, things've been shit for me lately too.

I love my new avatar, especially the fact that its true to so many people but not me

fck the police
Eh, it's only pathetic if you're not getting any actual sex. xD
Report Spam   Logged

Zohaib
スチール
Rain Dish

gucci gang

View Profile
« Reply #23709 on: September 10, 2014, 01:44:07 pm »

I hated school, but oh, how I miss my school days... ;~;
Just saying, the offer of a futon to sleep on is still open, if all hell breaks loose.
I loved school and now i miss it so much, I drive past high school when I have to drop off my mom to work and it makes me sad that I don't go there anymore, High School was so much fun for me... I had no enemies and was quite popular, pretty much every day was like a "fun" day outside of my math class, but I still got good grades.
I wish I took college in september because I haven't seen my friends over a month, it's driving me to depression/anger. I'm really sick of it
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23710 on: September 10, 2014, 02:26:31 pm »

I loved school and now i miss it so much, I drive past high school when I have to drop off my mom to work and it makes me sad that I don't go there anymore, High School was so much fun for me... I had no enemies and was quite popular, pretty much every day was like a "fun" day outside of my math class, but I still got good grades.
I wish I took college in september because I haven't seen my friends over a month, it's driving me to depression/anger. I'm really sick of it
I enjoyed high school too- and miss it. But I only got to go for two years (went to college early). The end result was isolation, depression, and tons of stress. More or less what I'm saying is I didn't like college xD

I mean, the big thing I miss is having less responsibilities. Having your own home, car, job... It's stressful. But that's life, I s'pose.

Thinking about college reminds me of what happened at work the other day. I saw someone I knew, though I couldn't place it instantly- just that seeing them made me uneasy. Of course she recognized me and approached me, and when I saw her name badge... She used to be one of the higher ups at my old job. Apparently, she's teaching at a college now (teaching students who want to be nurses).

This. This was horrifying to me xD

Back when I worked my old job, you got a battery of tests each year. One is an injection that's supposed to go just under the skin. It's super easy. But this woman managed to screw it up with me, injected it right into one of my veins (which can easily be lethal). And now she's teaching new nurses. That's scary, folks xD
Report Spam   Logged

Zohaib
スチール
Rain Dish

gucci gang

View Profile
« Reply #23711 on: September 11, 2014, 01:35:36 pm »

I got accepted to college!
All 3 programs I applied for I got accepted
Paralegal
Law Clerk
Business Marketing

I am choosing paralegal because the other two where back up.

that was fast
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #23712 on: September 11, 2014, 02:36:17 pm »

Paralegal
Law Clerk
Business Marketing

that was fast
Wow. The coincidence is palpable. I too am on the verge of getting into college for the same course. Do I smell online study buddies? Prolly not due to you being a Canadian, but still.
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Primera Espada
Lombre Legend

Cero Metralleta

View Profile
« Reply #23713 on: September 11, 2014, 02:43:27 pm »

Paralegal
Law Clerk
Business Marketing

that was fast
Why not a mechanic or engineer so you could work on cars for a living? ._.
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #23714 on: September 11, 2014, 02:59:55 pm »

Why not a mechanic or engineer so you could work on cars for a living? ._.
[/quote
Because money.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 1579 1580 [1581] 1582 1583 ... 1685
  Print  

Jump to: