Ludicom
April 19, 2024, 11:13:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Thread Of Topiclessness [Current Era: Fancy headwear]

Pages: 1 ... 1608 1609 [1610] 1611 1612 ... 1685
  Print  
Author Topic: Thread Of Topiclessness [Current Era: Fancy headwear]  (Read 129991 times)
Miku the Fake Identity
Tempo Owner

View Profile
« Reply #24135 on: November 18, 2014, 07:31:55 pm »

That's why I stick with E-Cigs. Healthier anyway.
>e-cigs

Report Spam   Logged
Coyote Starrk
Primera Espada
Lombre Legend

Cero Metralleta

View Profile
« Reply #24136 on: November 18, 2014, 11:09:25 pm »

you dont really notice the whole not free speech thing

everytime i tell someone they are suprised, it use it as a party fact

because Canadians think they are American. Plus it only replies to hate groups like KKK, Westboro, shit like that.

You can say nigger and stuff, but its like illegal to go up and call someone a nigger or hold a sign that says "NIGGERS SHOULD DIE"

or more common in america

"GOD HATES FAGS"

im ok with it

Yeah except people go to jail for having opinions on things other get offended about without free speech so even with 2 hate groups we got, I consider it worth it to be able say pretty much whatever I want and not worry about a tweet or something landing me in jail because someone was triggered.
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24137 on: November 19, 2014, 01:44:17 pm »

The reason I enjoy my right to free speech is because it's a slippery slope. Who determines what's allowed and what's against the law? What are the penalties for such speech violations? I hate to make the comparison, but in places like North Korea or whatever, you're more or less walking on eggshells trying to avoid saying something wrong. While it sounds to be fairly well balanced in Canada...

While I don't like or support any of the hate groups, I'd rather deal with haters speaking out than to give up my right to free speech. They can have their opinion- but nobody is required to agree with or listen to them. As long as they aren't hurting anyone, I'm fine with it. Because even if free speech weren't a thing, there'd still be people hating on various groups- they just couldn't express it. Not everyone is going to be nice or only say nice things, but there's a lesson to be learned in that you shouldn't take what some random person says too seriously, even if they're being cruel. Because opinions are just like assholes- everyone's got one. Chances are at some point in your life, no matter where you live or what background you come from, you'll run into someone intolerant or cruel. Such is life. *shrug*

Anyways, enough of this lol. What's everyone's plans for the weekend?
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Primera Espada
Lombre Legend

Cero Metralleta

View Profile
« Reply #24138 on: November 19, 2014, 03:12:34 pm »

The reason I enjoy my right to free speech is because it's a slippery slope. Who determines what's allowed and what's against the law? What are the penalties for such speech violations? I hate to make the comparison, but in places like North Korea or whatever, you're more or less walking on eggshells trying to avoid saying something wrong. While it sounds to be fairly well balanced in Canada...

While I don't like or support any of the hate groups, I'd rather deal with haters speaking out than to give up my right to free speech. They can have their opinion- but nobody is required to agree with or listen to them. As long as they aren't hurting anyone, I'm fine with it. Because even if free speech weren't a thing, there'd still be people hating on various groups- they just couldn't express it. Not everyone is going to be nice or only say nice things, but there's a lesson to be learned in that you shouldn't take what some random person says too seriously, even if they're being cruel. Because opinions are just like assholes- everyone's got one. Chances are at some point in your life, no matter where you live or what background you come from, you'll run into someone intolerant or cruel. Such is life. *shrug*

Gonna try to go to home depot and get stuff to fix our ceiling fan. The fan switch broke a few months ago so it's been on everytime you turn the lights in the kitchen on, and it's too cold for this crap.

My uncle and I may be jerry rigging his muffler back on until he and my aunt decide if they want to sink money into the durango or scrap it and get a different car. He refuses to drive it with just straight pipes cuz thats illegal, even though literally no cop enforces that law and everyone in our neighborhood drives straight pipes VEE ATES at literally all hours of the night so everyone knows they have VEE ATES. Plus, even without a muffler the durango isnt very loud.

They refuse to actually take care of their cars and both are on deaths doorstep. They wont change their oils so the motors/trannys will seize up soon, and my uncles durango is mostly rust at this point and will likely break in half. They dont seem to understand that the 20 bucks every couple months for oil changes will save them thousands on replacing their cars.

Also, found out whats wrong with my aunt and uncles computer. The graphics card fan was burnt out so it caused it to overheat and shut off. So I'm waiting to hear back from their friend to see if he has an extra or if they will have to buy a new one, which will cost almost a hundred bucks cuz it's old and was a decent card back in the day. :\
Report Spam   Logged

Zohaib
スチール
Rain Dish

Main FC: 3711-9411-9563

gucci gang

View Profile
« Reply #24139 on: November 19, 2014, 06:59:30 pm »

Yeah except people go to jail for having opinions on things other get offended about without free speech so even with 2 hate groups we got, I consider it worth it to be able say pretty much whatever I want and not worry about a tweet or something landing me in jail because someone was triggered.
just saying, United States is the only country with free speech, and so far thats been going amazing /s

Whats bad or not is determined, but its pretty much any racism, or religous hate towards a group of people.

You can say fuck the KKK
you can fuck Obama

hell you can say fuck Steven Harper.

It's all your opinion,

it's pretty much free speech, but it immeditley places groups like ISIS, KKK and stuff like that on police watch.

Freedom of Speech protects normal people as well as hate groups

What Canada, UK and most other countries have protects normal people but not hate groups.

KKK members and Westboro Baptist church are barred from enterting the UK on the grounds of hateful, homophobic, and anti-semtist speech

It's a system that has worked very well, and nobody has ever complained. It hasn't backfired at all.

It's very lenient in that it pretty much IS Free Speech though, so don't take what im saying as like "Oh Canada is controlled by its government" because we have our own version constitutional rights. The reason we don't have freedom of speech is because it gives a loophole for hate groups

Canada, and the UK's system is freedom of speech, minus the loophole. It's very rare anyone ever gets in trouble for hate speech.

If I went on twitter and tweeted "I hate niggers" nothing would happen.
Same as if I said "I hate jews" "All Jews should die" etc.

but if I said "Rally up all the people who hate Jews to meet at X location", there would be police survillence on me, and then if we actually did it, Police would take immediate action before a riot starts or something.
Thats how it works.

Honestly, American police does the same most of the time,

I guess I explained it incorrectly.

It's Freedom Of Speech but Labeled something else, and it's only done that so it can break up hate groups.
Nobody in Canadian history has ever been in trouble for saying their opinion, but if they rallied up anti-semtists, anti-gay protest or something, thats not allowed. Any negative protest with intention to harm or hurt the feelings of a specific race, gender, sexuality or religion is illegal.

People think this is already Illegal in the USA, and it is in some states (like Kansas) despite being "Unconstitutional"

Vice Versa, usually only lawyers and stuff know about this, because everyone assumes Canada is nice america.

But it's the main reason hate groups like the KKK don't bother coming to Canada or the UK.
Sure they exist but it's not as big as it is/was in America.
This got Canada it's "nice" reputation.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 07:13:41 pm by Ness » Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: Me
kanye, pokemon and deep throating are my favoruite things
Tuxedo Mask
YAY!
Lotad Hero

Main FC: 1936 1182 3920

Fear The Rose!

View Profile
« Reply #24140 on: November 19, 2014, 07:29:00 pm »

Not sure what I missed in this conversation.
Report Spam   Logged

Zohaib
スチール
Rain Dish

gucci gang

View Profile
« Reply #24141 on: November 19, 2014, 08:09:33 pm »

anyways, poltical stuff is stupid

heres some grandmas smoking weed

Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Primera Espada
Lombre Legend

Cero Metralleta

View Profile
« Reply #24142 on: November 19, 2014, 08:52:40 pm »

just saying, United States is the only country with free speech, and so far thats been going amazing /s

Whats bad or not is determined, but its pretty much any racism, or religous hate towards a group of people.

You can say fuck the KKK
you can fuck Obama

hell you can say fuck Steven Harper.

It's all your opinion,

it's pretty much free speech, but it immeditley places groups like ISIS, KKK and stuff like that on police watch.

Freedom of Speech protects normal people as well as hate groups

What Canada, UK and most other countries have protects normal people but not hate groups.

KKK members and Westboro Baptist church are barred from enterting the UK on the grounds of hateful, homophobic, and anti-semtist speech

It's a system that has worked very well, and nobody has ever complained. It hasn't backfired at all.

It's very lenient in that it pretty much IS Free Speech though, so don't take what im saying as like "Oh Canada is controlled by its government" because we have our own version constitutional rights. The reason we don't have freedom of speech is because it gives a loophole for hate groups

Canada, and the UK's system is freedom of speech, minus the loophole. It's very rare anyone ever gets in trouble for hate speech.

If I went on twitter and tweeted "I hate niggers" nothing would happen.
Same as if I said "I hate jews" "All Jews should die" etc.

but if I said "Rally up all the people who hate Jews to meet at X location", there would be police survillence on me, and then if we actually did it, Police would take immediate action before a riot starts or something.
Thats how it works.

Honestly, American police does the same most of the time,

I guess I explained it incorrectly.

It's Freedom Of Speech but Labeled something else, and it's only done that so it can break up hate groups.
Nobody in Canadian history has ever been in trouble for saying their opinion, but if they rallied up anti-semtists, anti-gay protest or something, thats not allowed. Any negative protest with intention to harm or hurt the feelings of a specific race, gender, sexuality or religion is illegal.

People think this is already Illegal in the USA, and it is in some states (like Kansas) despite being "Unconstitutional"

Vice Versa, usually only lawyers and stuff know about this, because everyone assumes Canada is nice america.

But it's the main reason hate groups like the KKK don't bother coming to Canada or the UK.
Sure they exist but it's not as big as it is/was in America.
This got Canada it's "nice" reputation.

People in the UK have been arrested for tweeting how they think muslims should stop trying to make the UK into the new middle east and just go back home. It has backfired.
Report Spam   Logged

Zohaib
スチール
Rain Dish

gucci gang

View Profile
« Reply #24143 on: November 19, 2014, 09:03:04 pm »

People in the UK have been arrested for tweeting how they think muslims should stop trying to make the UK into the new middle east and just go back home. It has backfired.
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24144 on: November 19, 2014, 09:15:51 pm »

I got my Xbone today.
Sadly there's no game with it. Even though it's a CoD contest...
There's no Kinect either but I think that's a good point maybe? XD

I bought Halo MCC.
I'LL FINALLY PLAY ALL THAT HALO AND KILL ALL THOSE ALEINS!
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Primera Espada
Lombre Legend

Cero Metralleta

View Profile
« Reply #24145 on: November 19, 2014, 10:47:47 pm »

I got my Xbone today.
Sadly there's no game with it. Even though it's a CoD contest...
There's no Kinect either but I think that's a good point maybe? XD

I bought Halo MCC.
I'LL FINALLY PLAY ALL THAT HALO AND KILL ALL THOSE ALEINS!
They stopped the kinect required thing a little while ago.

>tfw never played halo SP

Then again, I'm not super huge on space games cuz I just enough about science and physics that it ruins certain things for me. ._.
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24146 on: November 20, 2014, 10:30:51 am »

They stopped the kinect required thing a little while ago.

>tfw never played halo SP

Then again, I'm not super huge on space games cuz I just enough about science and physics that it ruins certain things for me. ._.
I know that feel, except with medical games. Like Trauma Center and Trauma Team (I don't usually play medical games so that's all I got lol). Don't get me wrong- I enjoyed them, and for the most part, they got their shit down pat. But when they flub up, it's incredibly hard and obvious to me, and it ruins the moment. xP
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Primera Espada
Lombre Legend

Cero Metralleta

View Profile
« Reply #24147 on: November 20, 2014, 10:38:55 am »

I know that feel, except with medical games. Like Trauma Center and Trauma Team (I don't usually play medical games so that's all I got lol). Don't get me wrong- I enjoyed them, and for the most part, they got their shit down pat. But when they flub up, it's incredibly hard and obvious to me, and it ruins the moment. xP
Yep. They'll be having a dramatic moment and I'll just be like, thats not how science works goddommit!
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Primera Espada
Lombre Legend

Cero Metralleta

View Profile
« Reply #24148 on: November 20, 2014, 04:41:52 pm »

My beanie arrived today. Pretty sure amazon overnighted it so it would arrive on time since it only left amazon yesterday night.

Gonna have to do yardwork in near freezing tomorrow. I have 7-9 trees worth of leaves I need to mulch, which means I have to use the leaf blower to get them out onto the lawn where I can just mow them down.

I'm gonna freeze ;_;
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« Reply #24149 on: November 20, 2014, 05:45:36 pm »

My beanie arrived today. Pretty sure amazon overnighted it so it would arrive on time since it only left amazon yesterday night.
Hipstarrk
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze

Pages: 1 ... 1608 1609 [1610] 1611 1612 ... 1685
  Print  

Jump to: