Ludicom
March 28, 2024, 01:48:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Thread Of Topiclessness [Current Era: Fancy headwear]

Pages: 1 ... 1624 1625 [1626] 1627 1628 ... 1685
  Print  
Author Topic: Thread Of Topiclessness [Current Era: Fancy headwear]  (Read 127175 times)
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #24375 on: December 28, 2014, 04:44:36 pm »

Well I went to walmart looking for red shirts. All I found in my size was a deep, almost purple red long sleeve shirts and a couple of not remotely winter ready short sleeve red shirts.

All because I don't know if they have to be plain red or if they can like plaid or something.

I'm gonna freeze :c
Red just has to be the primary, and majority taking colour. Plaid is A okay so long as red is the main colour. Though if you're cart attending anyway, your jacket can be any colour and be worn over the red shirt since you'll have an orange reflective vest when you go outside anyway.
Report Spam   Logged

Must...resist...creepy urges... too many witnesses... would look weird...
Coyote Starrk
Primera Espada
Lombre Legend

Cero Metralleta

View Profile
« Reply #24376 on: December 28, 2014, 05:52:39 pm »

Red just has to be the primary, and majority taking colour. Plaid is A okay so long as red is the main colour. Though if you're cart attending anyway, your jacket can be any colour and be worn over the red shirt since you'll have an orange reflective vest when you go outside anyway.
Fug. oh well, too late and too poor to change things now. I'll get more once I get paid.

How often is payday? ;_;
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #24377 on: December 28, 2014, 07:55:40 pm »

Fug. oh well, too late and too poor to change things now. I'll get more once I get paid.

How often is payday? ;_;
Fridays, every other week. I reccommend getting your hands on a check so you can set up for direct deposit so you don't have to deal with the paper check pileup.
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Primera Espada
Lombre Legend

Cero Metralleta

View Profile
« Reply #24378 on: December 28, 2014, 08:29:43 pm »

Fridays, every other week. I reccommend getting your hands on a check so you can set up for direct deposit so you don't have to deal with the paper check pileup.
It's over 20 bucks to get a check book thing sent out, and will take a couple weeks.

I'll only get a check if this becomes a part time job instead of seasonal, cuz that 20 couple be better spent on something else. It's not like I have a life or anything so waiting is perfectly okay for me.
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #24379 on: December 28, 2014, 09:29:12 pm »

It's over 20 bucks to get a check book thing sent out, and will take a couple weeks.

I'll only get a check if this becomes a part time job instead of seasonal, cuz that 20 couple be better spent on something else. It's not like I have a life or anything so waiting is perfectly okay for me.
I'll tell you right now, it's mostly based on your attendance...

Dammit, my neck injury the other day has a good chance of costing me this job. Better make the big purchases now.
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Primera Espada
Lombre Legend

Cero Metralleta

View Profile
« Reply #24380 on: December 28, 2014, 10:17:54 pm »

I'll tell you right now, it's mostly based on your attendance...

Dammit, my neck injury the other day has a good chance of costing me this job. Better make the big purchases now.
What do you mean?

What happened?
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #24381 on: December 28, 2014, 10:35:44 pm »

What do you mean?

What happened?
Kloud and I spun out on the freshly snowed upon road yesterday. I would up in a neck brace until they did an x ray on me to see that it was just whiplash. The doctor gave me some meds and told me not to work that day or today. Going back tomorrow. Still hope this doesn't cost me the chance to be properly employed.
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Primera Espada
Lombre Legend

Cero Metralleta

View Profile
« Reply #24382 on: December 29, 2014, 12:11:22 am »

Kloud and I spun out on the freshly snowed upon road yesterday. I would up in a neck brace until they did an x ray on me to see that it was just whiplash. The doctor gave me some meds and told me not to work that day or today. Going back tomorrow. Still hope this doesn't cost me the chance to be properly employed.
Y'all need some actual snow tires. All seasons are dildos is all seasons.

Why not ask for the day off and cite medical reasons? I'm sure they'll understand. ._.
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #24383 on: December 29, 2014, 07:16:39 am »

Why not ask for the day off and cite medical reasons? I'm sure they'll understand. ._.
They did. The doctor made sure I had two days off specifically because of it. Even gave me a note that I handed in in person while still in my neck brace. Just saying.

Also, our tires are all season tires designed for Minnesota winters.
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24384 on: December 29, 2014, 09:46:15 am »

All season tires are illegal in winter here.
It's a recent law.
You absolutely need tires with the mountain/snow flake logo:

I think it's just Quebec. I have no idea about Canada as a whole.
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Primera Espada
Lombre Legend

Cero Metralleta

View Profile
« Reply #24385 on: December 29, 2014, 10:26:58 am »

They did. The doctor made sure I had two days off specifically because of it. Even gave me a note that I handed in in person while still in my neck brace. Just saying.

Also, our tires are all season tires designed for Minnesota winters.
All seasons aren't designed for winter. Winter tires use softer ribber and have slits on them so snow can go through them and allow the tire to contact what's underneath. All seasons dont have that and they aren't good for any season. Ever.

All season tires are illegal in winter here.
It's a recent law.
You absolutely need tires with the mountain/snow flake logo:

I think it's just Quebec. I have no idea about Canada as a whole.
I think there's quite a few more canadian places that ban all seasons in winter besides quebec.

Also, I have orientation tomorrow. I'll be learning how to cashier. May god have mercy on my soul.
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24386 on: December 29, 2014, 10:55:28 am »

All seasons aren't designed for winter. Winter tires use softer ribber and have slits on them so snow can go through them and allow the tire to contact what's underneath. All seasons dont have that and they aren't good for any season. Ever.
I think there's quite a few more canadian places that ban all seasons in winter besides quebec.

Also, I have orientation tomorrow. I'll be learning how to cashier. May god have mercy on my soul.
As someone who used to work at Target, I can tell you it isn't that bad. Boring, if anything.
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Primera Espada
Lombre Legend

Cero Metralleta

View Profile
« Reply #24387 on: December 29, 2014, 12:44:55 pm »

As someone who used to work at Target, I can tell you it isn't that bad. Boring, if anything.
I'm just worried about being slow or bad at cashiering ;_;
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #24388 on: December 29, 2014, 03:24:48 pm »

I'm just worried about being slow or bad at cashiering ;_;
You start slow. You get faster.

When you're cashiering, it keeps track of your speed grading it as either G, which means you were fast enough, or R, which means you weren't. When you first start, you'll be lucky to have a 20% rate. After a while, you'll start doing 80%. Some folks can maintain 100% through their whole shift, but then get screwed by Old Lady Abernathy who still uses checks. The hardest part is knowing which barcode to scan on electronics and gift cards.
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Primera Espada
Lombre Legend

Cero Metralleta

View Profile
« Reply #24389 on: December 29, 2014, 03:46:05 pm »

You start slow. You get faster.

When you're cashiering, it keeps track of your speed grading it as either G, which means you were fast enough, or R, which means you weren't. When you first start, you'll be lucky to have a 20% rate. After a while, you'll start doing 80%. Some folks can maintain 100% through their whole shift, but then get screwed by Old Lady Abernathy who still uses checks. The hardest part is knowing which barcode to scan on electronics and gift cards.
Any tips on how to not suck or get better?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 1624 1625 [1626] 1627 1628 ... 1685
  Print  

Jump to: