Ludicom
April 20, 2024, 01:51:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Thread Of Topiclessness [Current Era: Fancy headwear]

Pages: 1 ... 1669 1670 [1671] 1672 1673 ... 1685
  Print  
Author Topic: Thread Of Topiclessness [Current Era: Fancy headwear]  (Read 130064 times)
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #25050 on: September 08, 2015, 08:47:03 am »

The games weren't intended to be played as a nuzlocke run.  That mode of gameplay was made by a fan.  Also forced legendary captures are great; it means if you screw up, you get another chance to capture them.  Besides, legends are usually the first wild in their area.
I know that. But even so. The fact that you can struggle to reach level 12 is appauling.

And no. Forced legendary captures aren't great. They're stupid. Legendary Pokemon are supposed to be a challenge. I shouldn't be able to throw a normal Pokeball at a full health legendary Pokemon and have it work on the first try. But I've done that with both Zekrom, and Yveltal. I miss the days where if you wanted a legendary Pokemon, you had to dive into a deep, dark cave, work your way through a maze, battle an intense fight, and then, if you're lucky, your Ultra Ball would work. Either that, or use your one and only Master Ball.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 08:50:18 am by MINE » Report Spam   Logged

Must...resist...creepy urges... too many witnesses... would look weird...
Coyote Starrk
Primera Espada
Lombre Legend

Cero Metralleta

View Profile
« Reply #25051 on: September 08, 2015, 10:16:25 am »

I know that. But even so. The fact that you can struggle to reach level 12 is appauling.

And no. Forced legendary captures aren't great. They're stupid. Legendary Pokemon are supposed to be a challenge. I shouldn't be able to throw a normal Pokeball at a full health legendary Pokemon and have it work on the first try. But I've done that with both Zekrom, and Yveltal. I miss the days where if you wanted a legendary Pokemon, you had to dive into a deep, dark cave, work your way through a maze, battle an intense fight, and then, if you're lucky, your Ultra Ball would work. Either that, or use your one and only Master Ball.
I've caught almost all my legendaries with pokeballs over the years...
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #25052 on: September 08, 2015, 12:59:13 pm »

I've caught almost all my legendaries with pokeballs over the years...
On the first throw? At full health? Zekrom and Yveltall have such high capture rates that if you use the right ball, you can give yourself almost a 100% chance to catch them. ANd as it stands, with a normal ball, it's somewhere around a 20% thing. You shouldn't have a 20% chance to catch a legendary Pokemon at full health with a normal ball. It's too easy. Legendary Pokemon are a trial. A challenge you're meant to summon your courage to face. A great goal that you strive for. So why did they make it so easy? The only game that's worse about it is B2W2 because they literally set the musketeers right in front fo you, but even they take some effort to catch, and they also make it impossible to outright catch the fused version of Kyurem, requiring you capture the parts first and make the fusion yourself, which is in my opinion, the best part about those games.

Seriously, gens 3 and did it perfectly. Palkia, Dialga, Groudon and Kyogre were required to fight, yes, but they were also incredibly tough to capture, which meant that you actually were, in part, encouraged to just out and out defeat them instead. Yes, you'd lose out on your chance to own the two, but then you could get on with the plot.

Don't get me wrong. I don't hate Black, White, X, or Y. I just hate certain things about them. The EXP scaling that Gen V used that punishes you for training your Pokemon was dumb and I'm glad they got rid of it. As for the way both of those games handled their titular Legendary Pokemon, I feel like they made the four just significantly less special than they should have been.

And just to prove I'm not being totally unjust, you know how I made a good point out of B2W2? I do hate those games. I think they're the worst installments in the series. But I gave them a nod to the things they got right. Because I'm willing to look through the BS when there's a good point to be made.
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Primera Espada
Lombre Legend

Cero Metralleta

View Profile
« Reply #25053 on: September 08, 2015, 10:44:30 pm »

On the first throw? At full health? Zekrom and Yveltall have such high capture rates that if you use the right ball, you can give yourself almost a 100% chance to catch them. ANd as it stands, with a normal ball, it's somewhere around a 20% thing. You shouldn't have a 20% chance to catch a legendary Pokemon at full health with a normal ball. It's too easy. Legendary Pokemon are a trial. A challenge you're meant to summon your courage to face. A great goal that you strive for. So why did they make it so easy? The only game that's worse about it is B2W2 because they literally set the musketeers right in front fo you, but even they take some effort to catch, and they also make it impossible to outright catch the fused version of Kyurem, requiring you capture the parts first and make the fusion yourself, which is in my opinion, the best part about those games.

Seriously, gens 3 and did it perfectly. Palkia, Dialga, Groudon and Kyogre were required to fight, yes, but they were also incredibly tough to capture, which meant that you actually were, in part, encouraged to just out and out defeat them instead. Yes, you'd lose out on your chance to own the two, but then you could get on with the plot.

Don't get me wrong. I don't hate Black, White, X, or Y. I just hate certain things about them. The EXP scaling that Gen V used that punishes you for training your Pokemon was dumb and I'm glad they got rid of it. As for the way both of those games handled their titular Legendary Pokemon, I feel like they made the four just significantly less special than they should have been.

And just to prove I'm not being totally unjust, you know how I made a good point out of B2W2? I do hate those games. I think they're the worst installments in the series. But I gave them a nod to the things they got right. Because I'm willing to look through the BS when there's a good point to be made.
a couple times I did actually catch some on the first throw at full health lol

also, the reason pokemon games are easier now is because people dont hve much time to play games anymore. its nice to sit down and play for an hour and feel like you actually made soe progress instead of grinding and still being at the same spot. :x

?mfw I worked a 13 hour cart attendant shift on labor day

Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #25054 on: September 09, 2015, 12:18:57 am »

a couple times I did actually catch some on the first throw at full health lol

also, the reason pokemon games are easier now is because people dont hve much time to play games anymore. its nice to sit down and play for an hour and feel like you actually made soe progress instead of grinding and still being at the same spot. :x

?mfw I worked a 13 hour cart attendant shift on labor day

Bull. Game Freak doesn't make the games easier for that reason. Pokemon's target audience reaches both up and down in years enough where the middle ground people who 'don't have time' are a minority. They don't need to make the games easier for them. They do it because the new pacing is, what I like to call, mental junk food. It's the same as watching a watch swinging back and forth. All it'll make you do is numb your thoughts and care less about what you're actually doing. That's why I don't play with the EXP Share on in gen 6. Because I like challenging myself and I like thinking.
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« Reply #25055 on: September 09, 2015, 05:36:50 am »

Forced capture doesn't mean the pokeball always works.  It means if you defeat the pokemon, the battle happens again.  Which I think is a good thing.  Their catch rates aren't too high and even so, that makes it less annoying(they are still on the low side.  you cant throw a pokeball at full health.  a quick ball sure) .  All low catch rate mons just means wasting a ton of ultra balls; that isn't a challenge, that's just annoying and waiting for the rng to work for you.  The harder ones are then optional things later on, but the battle no longer has to disrupt the main plot by being really slow.

you say you like a challenge, but then you complain about how hard BW supposedly is.
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #25056 on: September 09, 2015, 07:56:50 am »

Forced capture doesn't mean the pokeball always works.  It means if you defeat the pokemon, the battle happens again.  Which I think is a good thing.  Their catch rates aren't too high and even so, that makes it less annoying(they are still on the low side.  you cant throw a pokeball at full health.  a quick ball sure) .  All low catch rate mons just means wasting a ton of ultra balls; that isn't a challenge, that's just annoying and waiting for the rng to work for you.  The harder ones are then optional things later on, but the battle no longer has to disrupt the main plot by being really slow.

you say you like a challenge, but then you complain about how hard BW supposedly is.
Put I like that you only get the one chance, I don't want to be able to do it over if i F up. I makes so much more sense. 'Op. You killed killed the one of a kind Yveltal? That's fine. Well just dust it off so you can try again. No biggie.' How sensible is that?
Report Spam   Logged

Zohaib
スチール
Rain Dish

Main FC: 3711-9411-9563

gucci gang

View Profile
« Reply #25057 on: September 09, 2015, 09:24:13 am »

That doesn't mean that the other legends in the games, like mewtwo or kyurem, are easy to catch. They made the story ones easy to catch because pokemon's primary audience is still children.

Pokemon games haven't "gotten easier". They just have ways of making the game easier that are almost entirely optional. Pokemon games where ALWAYS easy. Thats why Nuzlocke exists.
Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: Me
kanye, pokemon and deep throating are my favoruite things
Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« Reply #25058 on: September 09, 2015, 09:32:41 am »

Put I like that you only get the one chance, I don't want to be able to do it over if i F up. I makes so much more sense. 'Op. You killed killed the one of a kind Yveltal? That's fine. Well just dust it off so you can try again. No biggie.' How sensible is that?
You can just save before and turn it off.  This only saves you from doing that.  So this makes no different except for not spending an extra 30 seconds soft-resetting.  Plus accidentally fainting the Legend would be a shame but thankfully they respawn now.  Cos catching em all would be impossible otherwise.
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
Zohaib
スチール
Rain Dish

Main FC: 3711-9411-9563

gucci gang

View Profile
« Reply #25059 on: September 09, 2015, 09:34:51 am »

you could always catch them again anyways if you faint them lol
it's not like they die and are gone forever. Usually return to the area or they will be in a post-game area at a higher level
Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: Me
kanye, pokemon and deep throating are my favoruite things
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #25060 on: September 09, 2015, 10:33:23 am »

Look, all I'm saying is, Pokemon Platinum did everything you want with a legendary Pokemon, but better. If you KO Giratina, you can re-battle it in Turnback Cave. Which was much more tasteful. Yes, you can always save and try again, but that's not how game deign is meant to work. From a developer's point of view, you have to make a game with the idea that the player may never stop playing or force them to stop. Since Pokemon doesn't have any anti-poopsocking measures other than in Gen 2 where nurses in PCs would scold you for being up late, that means the games have to be built around continuous play. So if it's so important that you get to catch every legendary Pokemon, then there should be second chances in the form of a hidden legend respawning (which they do) and a forced encounter legend reappearing elsewhere.
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #25061 on: September 27, 2015, 12:56:50 am »

Well. It seems this is the end, Ludicom.
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Primera Espada
Lombre Legend

Cero Metralleta

View Profile
« Reply #25062 on: September 27, 2015, 07:37:42 pm »

how is kloud doing? did she die?
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #25063 on: September 27, 2015, 07:55:13 pm »

how is kloud doing? did she die?
No. Her hyperemisis is mostly subsided. Now we're just on a financial crisis. She just stopped logging on because she doesn't have much reason to.
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Primera Espada
Lombre Legend

Cero Metralleta

View Profile
« Reply #25064 on: October 01, 2015, 05:15:04 pm »

No. Her hyperemisis is mostly subsided. Now we're just on a financial crisis. She just stopped logging on because she doesn't have much reason to.
sell your firstborn for untold riches and fame?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 1669 1670 [1671] 1672 1673 ... 1685
  Print  

Jump to: