Ludicom
March 29, 2024, 06:21:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Thread Of Topiclessness [Current Era: Fancy headwear]

Pages: 1 ... 1671 1672 [1673] 1674 1675 ... 1685
  Print  
Author Topic: Thread Of Topiclessness [Current Era: Fancy headwear]  (Read 127532 times)
Coyote Starrk
Primera Espada
Lombre Legend

Cero Metralleta

View Profile
« Reply #25080 on: October 10, 2015, 11:50:41 am »

Because otherwise all the unis would be swamped with applicants and the whole process would take ages. I wish the limit was a little higher, maybe 7, but even a small increase like that would have large logistical implications.
have you thought about coming to murica for school?
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #25081 on: October 10, 2015, 08:45:36 pm »

its a common complaint amongst those who went to college and cant get a job afterwards.

a lot of trades you learn on the job or just take a test and get certified. yes there are schools for those who learn better in school.
Show me a few of these complaints. A real source. Not 4chan, not some other anonymous site. I want to be able to directly contact this person and ask about their struggle if possible.
Report Spam   Logged

Must...resist...creepy urges... too many witnesses... would look weird...
DarkDragon
Ruby Gatherer

Main FC: 1435-4150-8076

View Profile
« Reply #25082 on: October 11, 2015, 07:24:41 am »

have you thought about coming to murica for school?
I'd only go if I got offered a scholarship at Harvard or somewhere similar, which sounds obnoxious but its a lot more expensive to study abroad so it'd only be worth it if it was at a really good university. Besides, there are plenty of good universities over here in the UK already! Having said that, some unis here do exchange programmes - for example the University of Warwick (which is one of the five I'm applying to) have links with UC Berkeley so you never know Wink
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 07:26:54 am by DarkDragon » Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Primera Espada
Lombre Legend

Cero Metralleta

View Profile
« Reply #25083 on: October 11, 2015, 01:05:38 pm »

Show me a few of these complaints. A real source. Not 4chan, not some other anonymous site. I want to be able to directly contact this person and ask about their struggle if possible.
its been all over the news for the last few years m8, where the hell have you been?

I'd only go if I got offered a scholarship at Harvard or somewhere similar, which sounds obnoxious but its a lot more expensive to study abroad so it'd only be worth it if it was at a really good university. Besides, there are plenty of good universities over here in the UK already! Having said that, some unis here do exchange programmes - for example the University of Warwick (which is one of the five I'm applying to) have links with UC Berkeley so you never know Wink
try coming down to UIS, we  gets lots of foreigners for some reason.

and it's close by so we could bro down :u
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #25084 on: October 11, 2015, 02:13:04 pm »

its been all over the news for the last few years m8, where the hell have you been?

Around. And I haven't seen this on any news feed.
Report Spam   Logged

DarkDragon
Ruby Gatherer

View Profile
« Reply #25085 on: October 11, 2015, 03:45:10 pm »

What is UIS? Sorry I'm only familiar with a few American unis Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Primera Espada
Lombre Legend

Cero Metralleta

View Profile
« Reply #25086 on: October 12, 2015, 10:16:27 am »

Around. And I haven't seen this on any news feed.
not so much news feed but actual news stations. Theyve been talking about how college grads cant find jobs and are stuck with huge debts for the past few years m8.

What is UIS? Sorry I'm only familiar with a few American unis Tongue
University of Illinois State. Foreigners really love illinois for some odd reason.
Report Spam   Logged

DarkDragon
Ruby Gatherer

View Profile
« Reply #25087 on: October 12, 2015, 03:51:50 pm »

University of Illinois State. Foreigners really love illinois for some odd reason.
Ah ok, I haven't heard of it be part of any exchange programmes so I doubt I'll ever go there. With a bit of luck I should have a place at the London School of Economics, anyway Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #25088 on: October 12, 2015, 07:04:10 pm »

not so much news feed but actual news stations. Theyve been talking about how college grads cant find jobs and are stuck with huge debts for the past few years m8.
Link or STFU.
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Primera Espada
Lombre Legend

Cero Metralleta

View Profile
« Reply #25089 on: October 13, 2015, 12:00:56 am »

Ah ok, I haven't heard of it be part of any exchange programmes so I doubt I'll ever go there. With a bit of luck I should have a place at the London School of Economics, anyway Smiley
google it yo :u

Link or STFU.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/she-the-people/wp/2014/09/05/why-sally-cant-get-a-good-job-with-her-college-degree/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/college-graduates-unemployment/

learn 2 google
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #25090 on: October 13, 2015, 12:17:00 am »

Learn to read mate.

The first article you linked me to was about a woman named Sally, who, upon reading into the articular, it reveals that she isn't having difficulty getting a job because of her degree. It's because she has the wrong type of degree.

I then clicked the top article of the second link you gave me, and it listed the main reason the grads involved in the article being that they were met with too much competition, and a requirement for specialization.

The long story short. You've convinced me that Jaxon needs a Master's or PhD instead of a Bachelors or Associates.
Report Spam   Logged

DarkDragon
Ruby Gatherer

View Profile
« Reply #25091 on: October 13, 2015, 05:58:50 pm »

google it yo :u

Its over $20k per year for me because I'm international - it isn't happening Tongue

LSE is currently ranked 3rd here after Oxford (which I'm also applying to) and Cambridge anyway so I'm hardly in a hurry to move.
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #25092 on: October 13, 2015, 09:44:54 pm »

Holy shit. It took years, but I think I finally got starrk beat.
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Primera Espada
Lombre Legend

Cero Metralleta

View Profile
« Reply #25093 on: October 13, 2015, 11:46:46 pm »

Holy shit. It took years, but I think I finally got starrk beat.
bruh, I had a very hard day.

I dropped my car off at the mechanics. I'll probably get a call tomorrow too see if the warranty company will cover repairs.

I had to drive my aunts car to work, and that was frightening. The brakes barely worked, it was out of alignment, revved to 4k before it made power, cant go over 45 or it pops out of drive. I was spooked.

I hope the repairs get covered cuz I cant afford to fix it without it : (

Its over $20k per year for me because I'm international - it isn't happening Tongue

LSE is currently ranked 3rd here after Oxford (which I'm also applying to) and Cambridge anyway so I'm hardly in a hurry to move.
I'm sure we have scholarships a plenty for you foreigners :u

Learn to read mate.

The first article you linked me to was about a woman named Sally, who, upon reading into the articular, it reveals that she isn't having difficulty getting a job because of her degree. It's because she has the wrong type of degree.

I then clicked the top article of the second link you gave me, and it listed the main reason the grads involved in the article being that they were met with too much competition, and a requirement for specialization.

The long story short. You've convinced me that Jaxon needs a Master's or PhD instead of a Bachelors or Associates.
http://www.epi.org/publication/the-class-of-2015/

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/04/16/unemployment-for-recent-college-graduates-higher-in-2014-but-prospects/

http://national.deseretnews.com/article/2435/7-reasons-why-millennials-are-unemployed-and-living-at-home.html
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #25094 on: October 14, 2015, 12:49:25 am »

Jist of the Articles.

1) College graduates without Masters or Doctorates have competition. College grads tend to make double the wages of non-college grads.

2) There was a slight increase of underemployed advanced grads in 2014.

3) The Job market has fierce competition.

You're not making your point well starrk. All you've been giving me is reasons why college grads have trouble getting jobs thanks to the job market and the specifications of their degrees. What you claimed, however, is that college grads were being refused job positions specifically because they had degrees. And the fact of the matter is, Starrk, that you can't. A degree can make a positive difference anywhere you work. Hell. If you yourself had a college degree, you could get a promotion at Target and go from Cart attendant to GSA, or even LOD easily. Which would double your payrate. Because you know what? Higher education is universally beneficially, even if it's just for your own personal enrichment. I had a teacher in high school who attended college classes almost at random just for fun. Because education is a good thing.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 1671 1672 [1673] 1674 1675 ... 1685
  Print  

Jump to: