Ludicom
April 18, 2024, 08:02:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Thread Of Topiclessness [Current Era: Fancy headwear]

Pages: 1 ... 1675 1676 [1677] 1678 1679 ... 1685
  Print  
Author Topic: Thread Of Topiclessness [Current Era: Fancy headwear]  (Read 129353 times)
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #25140 on: January 20, 2016, 10:21:44 pm »

Going to an eye place tomorrow to see about getting an eye exam and seeing how borked my eyes are, then afterwards ill be hitting up the unemployment office to see about this work force training thing that can pay for my CDL schooling and see if I can qualify somehow. I'm going hard as fuck right now trying to move on with my life and get a career started, cuz cart attending fucking sucks.
Seriously? Cart Attending is fucking easy, and now that the holidays are over, it's even easier. Besides. 10 bucks an hour's nothing to scoff at in today's world
Report Spam   Logged

Must...resist...creepy urges... too many witnesses... would look weird...
Coyote Starrk
Primera Espada
Lombre Legend

Cero Metralleta

View Profile
« Reply #25141 on: January 21, 2016, 10:19:28 am »

Seriously? Cart Attending is fucking easy, and now that the holidays are over, it's even easier. Besides. 10 bucks an hour's nothing to scoff at in today's world
9 bucks an hour and minimum wage is 8.50. get fucked.

Also, it isnt easy because we're busy as fuck over here right now and the lack of cart pusher is making everyone in the store suffer because someones gotta fall behind to help me get carts.
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #25142 on: January 23, 2016, 09:59:00 am »

9 bucks an hour and minimum wage is 8.50. get fucked.

Also, it isnt easy because we're busy as fuck over here right now and the lack of cart pusher is making everyone in the store suffer because someones gotta fall behind to help me get carts.
10 dollars an hour.

And you don't need the fucking pusher. I hate the damn thing. Unless it's so cold out my lungs are freezing, I never use the damn thing. So suck it up and get smart.
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Primera Espada
Lombre Legend

Cero Metralleta

View Profile
« Reply #25143 on: January 23, 2016, 07:33:59 pm »

10 dollars an hour.

And you don't need the fucking pusher. I hate the damn thing. Unless it's so cold out my lungs are freezing, I never use the damn thing. So suck it up and get smart.
This isn't walmart, pay is 9 an hour.

We do because we're in the shopping district of our town, we're too fucking busy to be pushing shit by hand and doing all the other shit too.

http://fortune.com/2015/03/18/target-wages-wal-mart-t-j-maxx/
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #25144 on: January 23, 2016, 10:55:58 pm »

This isn't walmart, pay is 9 an hour.

We do because we're in the shopping district of our town, we're too fucking busy to be pushing shit by hand and doing all the other shit too.

http://fortune.com/2015/03/18/target-wages-wal-mart-t-j-maxx/
I ain't talking Wal-Mart. I work at a fucking Target and everyone in the damned store makes a minimum 10 dollars an hour you fucking moron.

As for the pusher, like I said, get smart. Be efficient, be productive. Be fucking intelligent about how you handle it. If things are urgent, use your reserves or the closest corralles you can find a minimum of six carts in. Shoot for six or seven at a time as not to overload yourself since it's better to do two loads of six than one load of ten if it takes the same amount of time. Or even slightly more. If things are really fucking bad, they can rustle up a salesfloor TM to help you. Just ask your GSA to put out a call. And for fucks sake. Have some pride in your work. Nobody likes a pissass who's constantly bitching about everything.

Take my advice or have fun being unemployed for the rest of your life, because if you consider yourself too priveledged to work at a target, you'll never find work anywhere.
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Primera Espada
Lombre Legend

Cero Metralleta

View Profile
« Reply #25145 on: January 24, 2016, 10:15:37 am »

I ain't talking Wal-Mart. I work at a fucking Target and everyone in the damned store makes a minimum 10 dollars an hour you fucking moron.

As for the pusher, like I said, get smart. Be efficient, be productive. Be fucking intelligent about how you handle it. If things are urgent, use your reserves or the closest corralles you can find a minimum of six carts in. Shoot for six or seven at a time as not to overload yourself since it's better to do two loads of six than one load of ten if it takes the same amount of time. Or even slightly more. If things are really fucking bad, they can rustle up a salesfloor TM to help you. Just ask your GSA to put out a call. And for fucks sake. Have some pride in your work. Nobody likes a pissass who's constantly bitching about everything.

Take my advice or have fun being unemployed for the rest of your life, because if you consider yourself too priveledged to work at a target, you'll never find work anywhere.
Nope. 9.

the LODs at our store refuse to help cart attendants and we have no corrals with 6 carts. its like 1-2 a corral cuz we're busy, cuz unlike you I work in less economically challenged area and people can afford to go shopping :^)
Report Spam   Logged

DarkDragon
Ruby Gatherer

Main FC: 1435-4150-8076

View Profile
« Reply #25146 on: January 24, 2016, 12:06:36 pm »

I think its a good idea for you to try and get a career started Smiley

Its good to take pride in your job, but surely cart attending can't be the most interesting of jobs ever? Also I'm not sure what the cost of living is like in the US but you probably couldn't afford to live in the UK on $9 per hour (not that it would matter because you'd get a heap of benefits thrown at you lmao) so its a good thing to be ambitious Smiley I think our minimum wage is a little over $10 now, although I'm not 100% sure because they're planning to increase it over the next few years and people are still saying that it's not enough. So I can't really comment on whether or not '$10 is nothing to scoff at' because the cost of living is probably different where you guys live, so I'll let you too debate about that.

Also, Starrk, you'd probably find job hunting a lot easier if you went and got a degree. Not sure what the financing is like in the US though (although I'm going to assume not very good because college fees seem to be such as hot topic for debate right now Grin ), can you get loans to cover the tuition fees?
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #25147 on: January 24, 2016, 09:25:53 pm »

Nope. 9.

the LODs at our store refuse to help cart attendants and we have no corrals with 6 carts. its like 1-2 a corral cuz we're busy, cuz unlike you I work in less economically challenged area and people can afford to go shopping :^)
My Paystubs say 10.03. Where's yours?

I didn't say LOD. I said GSA.

And I live in an area with two huge colleges and a country famous historical event. This is a vacation destination, not an economicly challenged Podunk.
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Primera Espada
Lombre Legend

Cero Metralleta

View Profile
« Reply #25148 on: January 24, 2016, 10:52:08 pm »

I think its a good idea for you to try and get a career started Smiley

Its good to take pride in your job, but surely cart attending can't be the most interesting of jobs ever? Also I'm not sure what the cost of living is like in the US but you probably couldn't afford to live in the UK on $9 per hour (not that it would matter because you'd get a heap of benefits thrown at you lmao) so its a good thing to be ambitious Smiley I think our minimum wage is a little over $10 now, although I'm not 100% sure because they're planning to increase it over the next few years and people are still saying that it's not enough. So I can't really comment on whether or not '$10 is nothing to scoff at' because the cost of living is probably different where you guys live, so I'll let you too debate about that.

Also, Starrk, you'd probably find job hunting a lot easier if you went and got a degree. Not sure what the financing is like in the US though (although I'm going to assume not very good because college fees seem to be such as hot topic for debate right now Grin ), can you get loans to cover the tuition fees?
CDL requires no degree, only one month training where you learn the laws and rules and they teach you how the truck works kinda.

9 an hour wont get you a studio apartment in the ghetto over here :x

our supervisors all have 2+ hour travels to work cuz the cost of living is so high here that even with 12.75 an hour they can only afford to live way out of town.

Also, here in clapistan, degrees hurt your job chances cuz employers know the second you get a job offer in the field you want, youll leave and theyll have to spend more time hiring and training your replacement.

And I may be able to get a loan but my credit aint good cuz I just got a credit score so the interest will be high and ill be a shoe string budget for a few months until I get better at trucking and can make more money.

My Paystubs say 10.03. Where's yours?

I didn't say LOD. I said GSA.

And I live in an area with two huge colleges and a country famous historical event. This is a vacation destination, not an economicly challenged Podunk.
mine say 9.07 cuz I got a 7 cent raise cuz me and the 2 others I orientated with qualifiied for a review/raise by literally 1 day. Base pay is 9 an hour.

My GF makes 9.25 an hour cuz she transferred to foodave and they get a 25 cent raise. We orientated together.

The GSA has no cashiers to spare cuz no hours and the LOD aint going to send the lone hardlines person to get carts cuz then thered be no one left in the store.

We have no hours to schedule people cuz flow gets to stay and work until they have nothing left to do so they take their sweet time doing stuff so they can get that 40 hours a week and the ETLs and higher are seemingly okay with this, so the whole store suffers. Shits fucked over here and theres nothing anyone can do about it so I'm trying to get out and do better with my life.
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #25149 on: January 24, 2016, 11:11:32 pm »

CDL requires no degree, only one month training where you learn the laws and rules and they teach you how the truck works kinda.

9 an hour wont get you a studio apartment in the ghetto over here :x

our supervisors all have 2+ hour travels to work cuz the cost of living is so high here that even with 12.75 an hour they can only afford to live way out of town.

Also, here in clapistan, degrees hurt your job chances cuz employers know the second you get a job offer in the field you want, youll leave and theyll have to spend more time hiring and training your replacement.

And I may be able to get a loan but my credit aint good cuz I just got a credit score so the interest will be high and ill be a shoe string budget for a few months until I get better at trucking and can make more money.
mine say 9.07 cuz I got a 7 cent raise cuz me and the 2 others I orientated with qualifiied for a review/raise by literally 1 day. Base pay is 9 an hour.

My GF makes 9.25 an hour cuz she transferred to foodave and they get a 25 cent raise. We orientated together.

The GSA has no cashiers to spare cuz no hours and the LOD aint going to send the lone hardlines person to get carts cuz then thered be no one left in the store.

We have no hours to schedule people cuz flow gets to stay and work until they have nothing left to do so they take their sweet time doing stuff so they can get that 40 hours a week and the ETLs and higher are seemingly okay with this, so the whole store suffers. Shits fucked over here and theres nothing anyone can do about it so I'm trying to get out and do better with my life.
Well, our stores are different then, because at my store, base is 10.

GSAs can requisition salesfloor TMs if they need to. If anyone out there has ever worked carts, they'll probably be asked to help you out. Happens all the time at my store when things get chaotic.

Least the discount is good. 10% off is nothing to sneeze at.

You should have made good on the holiday incentive bonuses when they were still around. Overnight on blackfriday would have gotten you an extra six and a half bucks an hour.
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Primera Espada
Lombre Legend

Cero Metralleta

View Profile
« Reply #25150 on: January 25, 2016, 12:48:20 am »

Well, our stores are different then, because at my store, base is 10.

GSAs can requisition salesfloor TMs if they need to. If anyone out there has ever worked carts, they'll probably be asked to help you out. Happens all the time at my store when things get chaotic.

Least the discount is good. 10% off is nothing to sneeze at.

You should have made good on the holiday incentive bonuses when they were still around. Overnight on blackfriday would have gotten you an extra six and a half bucks an hour.
They cant when theres literally one sales floor TM in the entire store.

All people who can cart are cart attendants, and we're all looking for new jobs cuz we get treated like shit here.

I did, I had a credit card bill with many a car repair on it that I paid off with that money as an xmas gift cuz I needed it paid off before january cuz no interest period.

You act like im being lazy but im not. I take every shift offered, I work the shitty shifts cuz im the only one with open availability, but it's the fact that shit pay and shit hours means I have little money left over to save away.
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #25151 on: January 25, 2016, 01:50:33 am »

They cant when theres literally one sales floor TM in the entire store.

All people who can cart are cart attendants, and we're all looking for new jobs cuz we get treated like shit here.

I did, I had a credit card bill with many a car repair on it that I paid off with that money as an xmas gift cuz I needed it paid off before january cuz no interest period.

You act like im being lazy but im not. I take every shift offered, I work the shitty shifts cuz im the only one with open availability, but it's the fact that shit pay and shit hours means I have little money left over to save away.
Best pay you're going to get with the amount of effort you put into anything.
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Primera Espada
Lombre Legend

Cero Metralleta

View Profile
« Reply #25152 on: January 25, 2016, 02:13:03 pm »

Best pay you're going to get with the amount of effort you put into anything.
I put in a lot of effort at this job, it's why I became a trainer.
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #25153 on: January 25, 2016, 10:03:16 pm »

I put in a lot of effort at this job, it's why I became a trainer.
That wasn't a 'you' specifically. It was a 'you' generally. As in, it's good pay for easy work.
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Primera Espada
Lombre Legend

Cero Metralleta

View Profile
« Reply #25154 on: January 26, 2016, 10:15:46 am »

That wasn't a 'you' specifically. It was a 'you' generally. As in, it's good pay for easy work.
It's not easy work though. Im literally the first cart guy this stores had in over 5 years who didnt leave after 6 months because you get paid the same or less as others who do way less and who dont have to clean up shit off the walls in the womens restroom.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 1675 1676 [1677] 1678 1679 ... 1685
  Print  

Jump to: