Ludicom
April 19, 2024, 04:17:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Thread Of Topiclessness [Current Era: Fancy headwear]

Pages: 1 ... 1681 1682 [1683] 1684 1685
  Print  
Author Topic: Thread Of Topiclessness [Current Era: Fancy headwear]  (Read 129827 times)
NintendoLverr
Meee
Lotadpole

View Profile
« Reply #25230 on: April 12, 2017, 03:19:11 am »

I'm struggling with what I want to go to school for. Part of me says Auto tech and be a mechanic but that shit is so expensive cuz of the tools and shit. Another part says plumber cuz it's easy to get into. I dunno. Life is hard ;-;

When I was in school for diesel tech a few of us received cards for 50% off our first order at Sears.  I applied for a Sears credit card and bought the largest Craftsmen set they had (ratchets, sockets, wrenches/ratcheting wrenches, various other tools, literally the works) with no interest rates, perhaps wherever you go may have the same sort of deal.  Their lowest accepted payment is like $25 a month.  Specialty tools you just buy as you need, and borrow from coworkers if you're desperate.  Go on craigslist and buy a decent cabinet, and go to Harbor Freight for the rest.  I know everyone really bags on their tools, but if you take care of them they'll last.. and even if they don't, most of their stuff has a lifetime warranty.  I bought a DA, die grinder, air hammer and a few other air tools from them a few years ago and they all still work like new.  I'd also highly suggest buying things like impact sockets and 1"+ wrenches from them.  Their prices are impossible to beat, especially when you're just starting out.

And it really goes without saying, but stay away from the Snap-On and Mac tool trucks your first couple of years on the job.  You might feel like a badass with the top-tier tools, but what you're paying for them really isn't worth it yet.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 1681 1682 [1683] 1684 1685
  Print  

Jump to: