Ludicom
March 28, 2024, 06:07:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Competitive Battling Quick Questions Thread

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Competitive Battling Quick Questions Thread  (Read 3014 times)
DarkDragon
Ruby Gatherer

Main FC: 1435-4150-8076

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2014, 05:17:36 am »

Okay, so another question. I have a Shiny 5iv Gale Wing Fletchling. What moves/evs should I go for.
For moves go for...

Brave Bird/Acrobatics
Flare Blitz
Swords Dance/Bulk Up/U-turn (depending on what you need it for)
Roost

Brave Bird/Flare Blitz are the obvious STABs and priority, but I have seen some sets use Acrobatics. Personally I prefer Brave Bird as it allows Talonflame to hold an item. Some people prefer Aerobatics due to having no recoil, but to do any significant damage you cannot have any held item such as Leftovers or Life Orb. Leftovers actually helps to increase Talonflame's survivability, making Brave Bird more viable. Roost obviously is used for additional healing and lets Talonflame heal up Stealth Rock damage. Swords Dance and Bulk Up are completely up to you, Swords Dance has more immediate power but Bulk Up makes Talonflame harder to kill. U-turn is for Choice Band sets that will not set up because it gives you momentum and eases prediction.

For EVs definitely use 252Atk since it doesn't have the greatest base attack, but the HP and speed can be variable. Personally I use 88HP/168Spe in order to outspeed base 100 pokes (putting Talonflame at 330 Speed) so you don't have to rely on priority against them. The rest goes into HP to increase it's already short life. I know other sets use more HP and less speed due to the Gale Wings priority, but I like having the option to hit base 100s with Flare Blitz as well as Brave Bird reliably.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 10:07:07 am by JK » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to: