Ludicom
March 28, 2024, 06:02:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Competitive Battling Quick Questions Thread

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Competitive Battling Quick Questions Thread  (Read 3000 times)
Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2011, 10:07:32 pm »

Hum, I'd like to maybe request something?
I mean, I heard that it was fine to use the DW abilities as long as they had been at least released in Japan. Right?
So, it would be nice to have a guide for this.
Or just a link to an updated list in the sticky topic.

Thanks.
Report Spam   Logged

JCBellsprout
Tempo Owner

Main FC: 5200-4535-3010

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2011, 10:10:58 pm »

Hum, I'd like to maybe request something?
I mean, I heard that it was fine to use the DW abilities as long as they had been at least released in Japan. Right?
So, it would be nice to have a guide for this.
Or just a link to an updated list in the sticky topic.

Thanks.

That's a good idea because I find it quite hard to keep track of these myself, Aryeh actually knows more about this since I actually ask him sometimes on this subject.

I'll look to see if there's a list somewhere on smogon now, or serebii and update the OP.
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2011, 10:12:50 pm »

That's a good idea because I find it quite hard to keep track of these myself, Aryeh actually knows more about this since I actually ask him sometimes on this subject.

I'll look to see if there's a list somewhere on smogon now, or serebii and update the OP.

Ok nice.
Cause I was like in the mood to think about some things for a team and was kinda bugged by the abilities. XD
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2011, 10:00:11 am »

Yes the DW abilities from Japan are allowed to be used as they have been released and exist legally in the world.  It's the same as how for example the Flare Blitz Entei was allowed to be used when it released in Japan even before it was released everywhere else.  It's real so it's allowed, the same goes for released Dream World mons such as Drought Vulpix and such, though remember to be careful with legalities such Speed Boost Blaziken cant be female which opens a can of worms leading it to not legally learn Baton Pass.

Also I guess since we have a Comp Board now, this can be used as the Quick Question thread which is nice =D
maybe put a little FAQ on the first post too
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2011, 10:39:05 am »

Yes the DW abilities from Japan are allowed to be used as they have been released and exist legally in the world.  It's the same as how for example the Flare Blitz Entei was allowed to be used when it released in Japan even before it was released everywhere else.  It's real so it's allowed, the same goes for released Dream World mons such as Drought Vulpix and such, though remember to be careful with legalities such Speed Boost Blaziken cant be female which opens a can of worms leading it to not legally learn Baton Pass.

Also I guess since we have a Comp Board now, this can be used as the Quick Question thread which is nice =D
maybe put a little FAQ on the first post too

Lolwut?
Why is being a female forbidding it from learning Baton Pass? Shocked
I still want a list.
The only legality I really know is the Drizzle + Swift Swim. XD
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2011, 11:05:33 am »

Why is being a female forbidding it from learning Baton Pass? Shocked
No It cant be Female, Because it is Male, the only way to breed a Baby Torchic is with a Ditto, however Ditto does not let Egg Moves or Dream World abilities be passed down to the baby.  Thus, as Speed Boost is an Egg Move, the Speed Boost Blaziken cant have Baton Pass, thus letting down lots of fans.  Basically the event Dream World mons (like the Croagunk Event too) had set male genders to keep them rare =/
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2011, 11:20:53 am »

No It cant be Female, Because it is Male, the only way to breed a Baby Torchic is with a Ditto, however Ditto does not let Egg Moves or Dream World abilities be passed down to the baby.  Thus, as Speed Boost is an Egg Move, the Speed Boost Blaziken cant have Baton Pass, thus letting down lots of fans.  Basically the event Dream World mons (like the Croagunk Event too) had set male genders to keep them rare =/

Oh! Ok I see.
Report Spam   Logged

JCBellsprout
Tempo Owner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2011, 12:28:31 pm »

Is a Work Up set viable & effective on Infernape?

Also, need a bit of advice on this set:

Cinccino Jolly Technician
Standard EV's
~ Wake-Up-Slap
~ Bullet Seed/Rock Blast
~ U-Turn
~ Return/Tail Slap

Which is better, Return or Tail Slap? Smae for Bullet Seed or Rock Blast?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 12:59:05 pm by Team Galactic Grunt JCB » Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2011, 07:08:58 am »

Is a Work Up set viable & effective on Infernape?
son I am disappoint that you are thinking about infernape so soon after blaziken got banned.
Report Spam   Logged

JCBellsprout
Tempo Owner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2011, 02:22:24 pm »

son I am disappoint that you are thinking about infernape so soon after blaziken got banned.

Blaziken be banned, Infernape next best thing xD
Report Spam   Logged

Ken
Lotad Student

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2011, 12:13:59 pm »

Actually there is somthing far better than Blaziken or Infernape but I have a fear if telling you guys this it will get uber.

If one move is done sussesfully one time it will rape a team unless the team has priority effective moves, focus sash or be speed scarffed over 300.
Report Spam   Logged

-                 -

See whats between the lines. If you need help ask me.
Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2011, 12:24:52 pm »

I have a fear if telling you guys this it will get uber.
because we own Smogon and thus can tier Pokémon.

Noooo Infernape is blasphemy!  If you want Firemons, use Heatran or Darmanitan who both end in "an" xP
Report Spam   Logged

Ken
Lotad Student

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2011, 12:35:42 pm »

Noooo Infernape is blasphemy!  If you want Firemons, use Heatran or Darmanitan who both end in "an" xP

Possesion is 9/10 of the Smogon law and I don't want everyone using this combo :p Rawr
Report Spam   Logged

-                 -

See whats between the lines. If you need help ask me.
JCBellsprout
Tempo Owner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2011, 01:36:10 pm »

Possesion is 9/10 of the Smogon law and I don't want everyone using this combo :p Rawr

I'm intrigued, I must know moar!  Wink

Infernape is faster than Darmanitan, however he does have interesting use being banded.

Heatran is still as viable as in Gen 4, I like it, only thging is no explosion.
Report Spam   Logged

Teenage Mutant Ninja Squirtles
Lombre Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2013, 04:17:44 pm »

How do I teach Garchomp Stealthrocks?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: