Ludicom
March 28, 2024, 07:35:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Competitive Battling Quick Questions Thread

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Competitive Battling Quick Questions Thread  (Read 3003 times)
loom
Emerald Hoarder

k

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2011, 09:47:11 pm »

Use this thread for posting simple and fast questions regarding Competitive Battling.

Sample Questions suitable for this topic:

a. How does ______ learn _______?
b. What does this item/move do?
c. Is this moveset ok?
d. What ev spread should I give ________?

Sometimes people might want to ask small metagame questions about their team, their pokemon, or something simple and then people come to help.  So this is the quick question thread, where people can post some competative battling questions which other people can answer in this topic Cheesy

eg:

person 1- What nature do you think would be best for my Aerodactyl lead? Jolly or Adamant as it attacks?
person 2- Jolly is best because it needs to go fast as it leads and needs to Taunt and Stealth Rock to set up and stop your opponent setting up, quickly.

This thread is not for detailed questions, they deserve to be in a different topic.  This thread is for quick questions like the above example.  Don't clutter the topic with bigger things.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 12:55:36 pm by SpookySteel » Report Spam   Logged

Steel, I'm normally a very passive person, but I do have my limits. So either fix the forum, or I'll track your ass down, strap an explosive to you and throw you in a river, and when the explosive goes off, people will think it was just a failed terrorist act. Seriously, you better have saved everything you took off the forum.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

JCBellsprout
Tempo Owner

Main FC: 5200-4535-3010

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 09:50:40 pm »

I'm waiting for the board to be made before I share ideas, but yea that looks like a standard set, although being standard can be bad this gen given the team preview, so its time to get creative xD
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 09:52:23 pm »

I'm waiting for the board to be made before I share ideas, but yea that looks like a standard set, although being standard can be bad this gen given the team preview, so its time to get creative xD

I'm trying to get creative! Cheesy
But I'm so rusted and ignorant. XD
Report Spam   Logged

loom
Emerald Hoarder

k

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 09:52:34 pm »

But which is better? ;_____;
Report Spam   Logged

Steel, I'm normally a very passive person, but I do have my limits. So either fix the forum, or I'll track your ass down, strap an explosive to you and throw you in a river, and when the explosive goes off, people will think it was just a failed terrorist act. Seriously, you better have saved everything you took off the forum.
JCBellsprout
Tempo Owner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 09:54:00 pm »

But which is better? ;_____;

If you mean moves, Stone Edge and U-Turn
Report Spam   Logged

loom
Emerald Hoarder

k

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 09:55:02 pm »

If you mean moves, Stone Edge and U-Turn
Okay, thanks! Now I will spend hours IV breeding a good one xD
Report Spam   Logged

JCBellsprout
Tempo Owner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 09:56:28 pm »

Okay, thanks! Now I will spend hours IV breeding a good one xD

Ok, Good Luck! The other moves are viable, I just like him as an all-out attacker.
Report Spam   Logged

loom
Emerald Hoarder

k

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 09:57:46 pm »

Ok, Good Luck! The other moves are viable, I just like him as an all-out attacker.
Yup, its speed and attack are quiet decent.
Report Spam   Logged

JCBellsprout
Tempo Owner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2011, 10:55:40 pm »

When we do get a Competitive Battling board, I was thinking we could revive the custom tiers and analyses idea here on Ludicom, so that we stay a step ahead and think more out of the box, compared to everyone following Smogon's standard sets.

Thoughts?
Report Spam   Logged

loom
Emerald Hoarder

k

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 11:05:32 pm »

When we do get a Competitive Battling board, I was thinking we could revive the custom tiers and analyses idea here on Ludicom, so that we stay a step ahead and think more out of the box, compared to everyone following Smogon's standard sets.

Thoughts?
You mean we could make our own sets and post them on here?  If yes I totally agree :DDD
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2011, 11:10:43 pm »

Thoughts?

I'd love it.
I'd help to the best of my abilities.
Brian from PPN would probably join too. I actually talked about it to him. You may have seen that.
Report Spam   Logged

JCBellsprout
Tempo Owner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2011, 11:15:13 pm »

I'd love it.
I'd help to the best of my abilities.
Brian from PPN would probably join too. I actually talked about it to him. You may have seen that.

Really? *goes to check* Interesting, when we do begin the project it would be great if he could assist as well.

Mostly everyone on Ludicom is pretty experienced with comp battling, or have explored it at some point through gen 4, so everyone's input now would be great.
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2011, 11:16:38 pm »

Really? *goes to check* Interesting, when we do begin the project it would be great if he could assist as well.

Mostly everyone on Ludicom is pretty experienced with comp battling, or have explored it at some point through gen 4, so everyone's input now would be great.

It was on the ToT.
Report Spam   Logged

JCBellsprout
Tempo Owner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2011, 11:32:51 pm »

It was on the ToT.

Anyone know what happened to that kid who dissed on everyone (especially me) and [extremesarcasm]"left"[/extremesarcasm] the forums?

Jolt/Minato Namikaze, I see him on MSN frequently, should actually catch up one of these days, I don't know exactly what he's up to though, but he cut off from PPN a long time ago.

I'll have to try when I get a full team.
Right now, I only have an awesome Volcarona I got from Justin. Cheesy

Wink

I may make myself a Ferrothorn. Its ability is kickass. Just gotta watch for Fire-type moves.
Switching him in a physical attack deals 1/8 HP to the foe and seeing his typing/resistance/defense, it makes for one helluva Pokemon. Grin

I have one xD

XD

If Ferrothorn ever gets a Rock-type move from Dream World or event though...
It only has Rollout which isn't a good choice for it I guess.
Ferrothorn packing an HP Rock or Fire wouldn't really matter since it lacks in SpA. Could still help. It would be the best option I guess.

Use him best for his assets, his defenses, a Curse set does wonders (max hp/spdef), but he works great as a supporter. Trick Room is going to be very strong this gen, I have several new team members already, like the solosis evo.

Lol yeah.
OH NOZ IT'S DRIZZLE AND SWIFT SWIM!
There's like the same or near the same alternatives with other weathers.
AND, Rain doesn't hurt over time. -_-

Water types and Swift Swim sweepers have great versatality, I'll give them that, look at mixed kingra in 4th Gen's OU, that thing is a monster under rain, will perma-rain further expand this OPness, in a way yes, but the other weathers got advancements too, and used by a smart battler can be just as OP, rain is banned because it's simple to use to sweep, anyone can do it.

It would. :DDD
Seriously though, Smogon needs to f***ing die. I'd rather follow confusing, daily-changing Japanese Tiers than this crap.

I would not go that far, but the idea we have would be great.
Report Spam   Logged

Ken
Lotad Student

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2011, 11:43:26 pm »

Well since there isn't a board yet I guess we shall make a thread xD

Just follow all L-Com's rules damnit D:<

Help me with this set ;_;

Mienshao@ Focus Sash / Life Orb ( Lead )
Jolly
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
-Stone Edge / Payback
-Fake Out
-Hi Jump Kick
-Taunt / U-turn

IV's??
Report Spam   Logged

-                 -

See whats between the lines. If you need help ask me.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: