Ludicom
March 28, 2024, 06:18:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

A Few Things

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Few Things  (Read 419 times)
Shiny
Lotadpole

View Profile
« on: April 04, 2011, 11:52:40 pm »

1. Paid domain, simply to look more professional, im not hating on free forums but .com might bring more people

2. Tech section, a section we can talk about tech problems and people try to help resolve their problems, like how to open your NAT, or connecting something online, virus removal ect.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

JCBellsprout
Tempo Owner

Main FC: 5200-4535-3010

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 12:16:33 am »

1. I'll leave that to Kloud.

2. Feel free to post a Computer Help thread in Social.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 07:22:12 am »

1. It's been discussed- I simply am not able to at this point in my life. I thought I might be able to, but I wouldn't be able to afford my payments. I do have enough money when I'm working, but during the school I get so poor that I can hardly afford gas, let alone a site domain.

So while I understand there's a lot I could do to improve the place with money, just understand... I'm a college student with next to no money. I'm really tired of people asking me to buy these things at this point because I've explained it before. It will be a lot easier for me to try and spruce the forum up once I am working year round and can afford to have bills. And even then, there's only so much I'd want to spend on a small forum. I love you guys to bits, but at the same time I don't want to spend $50+ a month on a small forum. I realize that it would probably grow once I changed it to paid, but honestly... It's a lot easier to suggest that things be paid for when you aren't the one having to deal with paying them. Wink

2. I don't know how many people would be interested in such a board. I honestly don't think there'd be enough interest to need a board- a topic would probably be better suited, just judging by the community at this point. However, we can hold a poll and let others throw in their opinion on the matter. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 08:50:37 am »

1- Remember Shiny, this is Kloud's money and the forum isnt yet big enough yet for it to be worth coming out of her pocket.  However free domains like .co.cc do exist.

2- That board doesnt seem like it'd have enough interest to be a board all on its own.  It'd be better suited to just be a thread or two.
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 11:10:22 am »

Eck, sorry if I came off as a bit angry in that post. ._.;; I didn't mean to be, I had just been woken up in a less than desirable fashion and shouldn't have taken it out on the thread.

But the point stands... Thank you Aryeh for understanding my situation. Smiley As it stands, if this place can stay alive until I'm out of school and can work round the year, I'd be really willing to consider buying a paid domain. Actually, the current want of mine is to move it off of smfforfree completely, and move to a paid host. However, this depends on how willing smfforfree is to give me Ludicom's info so I can get it back on track. As it is, I'm rather bad with computers, so when and if they let it happen, expect some downtime.

I've actually considered making a full fledged Pokemon website to be a part of the Ludicom name. Time will tell, I suppose. Smiley I would just like to apologize for you guys having to wait and to thank you for being understanding of it all and being active. If you guys can bear with me, I can promise to try my best to give Ludicom the best possible future once I'm able.

Anyways, I'll create the poll now. Please vote in it before the timer is up. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 11:29:31 am »

Thank you Aryeh for understanding my situation. Smiley
^_^

I've actually considered making a full fledged Pokemon website to be a part of the Ludicom name. Time will tell, I suppose. Smiley I would just like to apologize for you guys having to wait and to thank you for being understanding of it all and being active. If you guys can bear with me, I can promise to try my best to give Ludicom the best possible future once I'm able.
Ooooh that sounds awesome, I cant wait! xD
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 11:31:54 am »

^_^
Ooooh that sounds awesome, I cant wait! xD
Would be hilarious if in a few years this ends up being the humble beginnings of the next big Pokemon forum. xDDD *random thought*
Report Spam   Logged

Shiny
Lotadpole

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 01:23:01 pm »

I understand the situation about the paid domain im a poor mofo too.  If i knew your situation i wouldnt ever have posted that thread
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 01:41:42 pm »

Would be hilarious if in a few years this ends up being the humble beginnings of the next big Pokemon forum. xDDD *random thought*
haha yeah that would be cool.  It's got people who care about it and are willing to put in effort which means that the only way for it to go is upwards! =D
Report Spam   Logged

breakdanzkat
Ruby Gatherer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 10:13:35 pm »

We could always use dot.tk to mask the url, for example, www.ludicom.tk, or, once this community gets affiliates, we could put a Paypal Donate link where people can donate to maintain this site (You may also help yourself with the donation money, Kloud. xD)
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 10:19:14 pm »

We could always use dot.tk to mask the url, for example, www.ludicom.tk, or, once this community gets affiliates, we could put a Paypal Donate link where people can donate to maintain this site (You may also help yourself with the donation money, Kloud. xD)

PayPal Donate buttons are indeed a good solution.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: