Ludicom
April 18, 2024, 02:55:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Poll- Tech Discussion Board?

Poll
Question: Should there be a tech discussion board, and would you post?  (Voting closed: April 12, 2011, 11:14:42 am)
Yes, and I would post often in the board. - 0 (0%)
Yes, but I wouldn't post often, just read. - 0 (0%)
Indifferent/don't care. - 1 (12.5%)
No, it should be a thread or two instead. - 7 (87.5%)
No (other rationale, explain in comment please). - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 8

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll- Tech Discussion Board?  (Read 362 times)
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« on: April 05, 2011, 11:14:42 am »

Topic, as requested in another topic. Poll will run for 7 days, and you can change your vote if you decide you want to choose something else. Thank you for voting/explaining your reasons for voting as you did! Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 11:25:46 am »

No, it should be a thread or two instead.
Smiley
by the way, I think that we should do IRV for votings on this forum Cheesy it's a good way of doing it Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 11:32:35 am »

No, it should be a thread or two instead.
Smiley
by the way, I think that we should do IRV for votings on this forum Cheesy it's a good way of doing it Smiley
IRV? Please explain further.
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 12:36:31 pm »

Irrational Rapid Voting.
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 01:33:28 pm »

IRV? Please explain further.
Instant Runoff Voting
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
JCBellsprout
Tempo Owner

Main FC: 5200-4535-3010

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 02:05:14 pm »

Instant Runoff Voting

What's this?

Voted no, feel a thread or two is better.
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 02:13:48 pm »

Instant-runoff voting (IRV) is a voting system used to elect one winner from a pool of candidates using preferential voting. Voters rank candidates in order of preference, and their votes are initially allocated to their first choice candidate. If after this initial count no candidate has a majority of votes cast, the candidate with the fewest votes is eliminated and votes for that candidate are redistributed according to the voters' second preferences. This process continues until one candidate receives more than 50% of the votes, upon which they are declared the winner.

Smogon started using it in their polls, it's a good way of doing things Tongue

example:
your favorite mon poll:
options: pikachu, squirtle, bulbsaur, charmander
round 1: pikachu gets 25%, charmander gets 30%, bulbasaur gets 35%, squirtles get 10% squirtle gets least votes, squirtle goes out
round 2: pikachu, bulbsaur and charmander are left.  continues until only one is left.  it's a more fair way of doing things Smiley
for example there might be more no voters in this poll than yes voters, but what if the no vote was split between two different things so it looks like yes wins, but that's not fair.  IRV fixes it Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Triple Threat
Lotad Student

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2011, 02:44:49 pm »

I voted No, it should be a thread or two instead.

there could be a topic for computers and another for consoles
Report Spam   Logged

breakdanzkat
Ruby Gatherer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2011, 03:01:33 pm »

Voted no. A tech board isn't necessary since we already have the Computer General Talk topic.
Report Spam   Logged
JCBellsprout
Tempo Owner

Main FC: 5200-4535-3010

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2011, 03:07:09 pm »

Since the voting is largely onesided, and a Comp General thread has been posted in Social, I think it's safe to end this poll.

Thanks to everyone who voted.

[LOCKED]
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: