Ludicom
March 28, 2024, 07:00:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Pokewalker Topic

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pokewalker Topic  (Read 443 times)
Jiraiya
Lombre Apprentice

View Profile
« on: April 13, 2011, 10:55:29 am »

Discuss the poke-walker here

Most of you mightn't be using it though Tongue

well i unlocked the final route this morning, now to catch a spritomb, it's playing hard to catch too
also the only way to get a legit spritomb, unless you got 2 pokemon platinum games/ds
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 11:22:19 am »

I use my two all the time Smiley I'm restarting my SS with Pokewalker soon, plan on hacking it for all courses instantly unlocked. Because I've got my HG nearly done, and I want the event courses that aren't released to us Americans. OH YAY. xD
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 11:52:11 am »

Funny thing is, I have 4 and I never started any of them xD  they didnt seem interesting which again is funny since I walk all the time and would have racked up points like there's no tommorow xD
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
JCBellsprout
Tempo Owner

Main FC: 5200-4535-3010

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 01:42:38 pm »

Pokéwalker beats other pedometers in Iowa State study

http://thegazette.com/2011/04/15/pokewalker-beats-other-pedometers-in-iowa-state-study/

Pokémon titles - is the most accurate device for counting steps, according to researchers at Iowa State University.

The results were presented recently at an experimental biology conference by Lorraine Lanningham-Foster, an Iowa State professor who has been studying the Pokéwalker's usefulness since its release. This study, which found the Pokéwalker most accurate counting steps taken on a treadmill at four different speeds, is a first step in ongoing research on the device, and how it encourages physical activity among kids.

"Pokémon is a big toy for kids," Lanningham-Foster said. "And that's why I was so interested in it is the idea that we have yet another active gaming format for kids."

If you're thinking this research is being funded by Nintendo, nope; it's funded by Iowa State's Nutrition and Wellness Research Center.
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 01:45:45 pm »

Well damn. Yay for Pokemon! xD
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: