Ludicom
March 28, 2024, 11:04:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Understanding of Power - RP thread

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Understanding of Power - RP thread  (Read 342 times)
Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2011, 06:55:55 am »

A little dog happily waddled down the street, it turned a corner and went down an alleyway.  Then the dog seemed to vanish.  Down the alleyway and out the other side was a mouse, it hurried along and crawled up a pipe to the roof of a building before also vanishing.  Then a bird entered the window of the building and went inside before vanishing.  Now stood there was a normal human.  He laughed to himself and sat down.

"I presume you weren't followed" said a voice, a man walking into the room.

"Please.." laughed the guy sitting down "Noone could follow me.  I know what I'm doing."

"Good.  Now Jonathan, please tell me your findings."

"They are everywhere, TP" replied Jonathan fairly nervously "Everyone is marked with the sign of evil and noone even knows about it."

"I see" TP sighed "Then that means only those with abilities are immune from it."

"You said you wanted to headhunt those with powers" said Jonathan "Do you have any idea where to look?"

"I've walked through the very fabric of time itself and seen that many exist.  However this is the time period that count and I'm struggling to locate ones in this time" explained TP.

"You said this was the time period in which being a hero begins" Jonathan said "That means there are only a few and it's only in the future where there are many more heroes."

"There won't be a future unless we find ones now and use them to stop the oncomming threats.  However to do that, they need to learn about themselves, who they are and to see if they are willing to take the path of a savior."

"Well I'm on board" Jonathan smiled "I'm Transhift, the ultimate shape shifter and the one who will stop any villain that tries to get in the way."

"I hope that is the case" responded TP "The future is weakening.  Soon, I won't have access to the future.  Only the past and the present.  I'm going to find the ones with power as they are the only ones who can stop the dark fate of the world."
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 03:43:19 am by Mijuwana » Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 07:51:55 am »

A woman is lying in a luxurious bed, asleep. She is pale and coated in a thin layer of sweat, her movements fitful. She appears to be dreaming....

There are a number of children lined up, with a woman in front. It's a class of third graders, on a field trip to the desert. Everyone is laughing and looking around while the teacher explains different things about desert life. The class is allowed to explore the nearby land, and most of the students split off into groups of two and three.

One of the small groups contained two girls- Kloud and Hazel. They walked really far out... Dark clouds brewed overhead. Sure enough, rain began to come pelting down, and the calls of their teacher brought them back to their senses. As they turned their backs, Hazel was already halfway to the teacher. Kloud ran quickly, fearing trouble if she lollygagged. A lightening bolt tore through the sky and hit her dead on. She fell to her knees, a wild show of electricity dancing all over her. She hugs her sides. This hurts...

She lost conciousness. When she next woke up, she was alone in the desert at night. They were so frightened by the lightening that they had forgotten about her. "But who am I... Where do I go from here...?"

Kloud's eyes opened suddenly, she was breathing too deeply. This dream always bothered her... She sighs and sits up on the edge of the bed.

"Get your act together, Kloud. You have a show today. There's no need to worry about that now." She comforted herself. She was still a tad pale, but that would be fine by the time she left the house.

Soon enough, she was out the door. She decided that she'd walk today- the exhibit was nearby and she wanted to enjoy the beautiful weather. After a nervous glance around her, she slid a few metal plates under her feet and charged them with electricity, causing herself to hover fairly high from the ground. She sped along the backs of the alleys, the wind whipping her hair as she flew.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 07:58:54 am by Kloud » Report Spam   Logged

Verathim
Emerald Hoarder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 08:27:21 am »

A boy walking through a crowded hallway of a school. Always observing his surroundings as he shows little care about being in here, as he mainly comes to see his friends that he cares for. Frank went through the day and met up with his friend Adrian.

"Yo Frank!" He calls my name outside of the school. He's a good friend and as one of the only few that accepts me, I befriended him as well. "So hows' it been man? Meet a gal yet, or ya still hunting for Jessica?" He laughed a bit but in playful not mocking kind of laughter that you would usually see from a jerk.

"Man, how many times do I have ta tell ya. I ain't in love with her. I love her as an ally at most." I responded, however I realized I used "ally" instead of "friend by mistake. I knew by saying that, that he was gonna make some type of joke now.

"Man, this ain't no 'Call Of Duty', or 'Gears Of War game! Were friends, not allies treating life as a battlefield. Unless we're at war right now." Adrian smirked. I knew that he was merely kidding around, but as usual, I was keeping a sort of semi-serious face. "Yo, but seriously, where you heading off to now?"

"Hmm... I'm not too sure really. I mean in all seriousness, I have nothing to do. Ain't got a job or anything, not many hobbies other then drawing. Heck I'll head to the park I guess." After that chat, we exchanged high-fives and went off in separate ways.

I continued to walk around the city I live by as I see many people enjoying their time. People constantly shopping, talking with friends or family, just enjoying the fresh, spring air gently blowing through their faces. I feel it too. But I don't acknowledge the beautiful day as it appears to be to others. I merely fathom to understand life around me, as a person who can control it, however know little meaning to what I can abuse. And due to my power... I feel like an outcast. Which may be why I have little friends. I continued walking through the city till I hit the cemetery. I take a key out my pocket and look at a door-less brick tower. "I originated from there, but with no purpose... I can't help but wonder why?" I thought to myself as I walk away. Its been a year since I came to be. Born as a teen with little purpose for living.
^
((A short scene from my real work I did last year in school.))
Report Spam   Logged

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8585-9856

Found 100+ Shinies in XY combined

Mains Samus, Pit and Sonic (Will main other newcomers)
Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 08:35:54 am »

((you should probably change the scene to third person to avoid confusion and to keep consistency throughout all the posts story... Smiley ))
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
Verathim
Emerald Hoarder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 08:37:58 am »

((you should probably change the scene to third person to avoid confusion and to keep consistency throughout all the posts story... Smiley ))
((I suppose I can do so, but in a story like this, I thought a first person's perspective would be more of an entertaining read...))
Report Spam   Logged

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8585-9856

Found 100+ Shinies in XY combined

Mains Samus, Pit and Sonic (Will main other newcomers)
Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 08:43:30 am »

((I suppose I can do so, but in a story like this, I thought a first person's perspective would be more of an entertaining read...))
((rps are third person and it makes them less confusing, since if everyone is doing different persons or tenses, it stops being the same story when characters interact.  Plus first person isnt the best continuity wise.  Plus tbh third person provides more entertaining description because it's not limited to the one person's thoughts, instead it's a whole narrative; Especially in a story like this.  Plus first person isnt very consistent with everything else in the rp. anyway lets not clutter the topic with OOC..))
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 08:47:09 am by Mijuwana » Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 12:28:50 am »

((I will shove this roleplay down your throats until you all reply C: xD))

Soon, she arrived within a few blocks of her show. She stopped short of an alleyway next to a coffee shop, fixed her hair, and went inside. She needed some caffiene to get herself going today.

"The usual, please." Kloud said as she approached the register. The clerk behind the counter quickly shuffled about and got her her drink. Kloud paid and left. She enjoyed a quick sip of her drink as she walked down the sidewalk. She was only a few blocks from the show, so walking wasn't bad at all.

As she neared the show, she passed the type of crowd she dreaded seeing. There were police cars and vans outside a convenience store- it appeared that someone dangerous was inside. I don't really want to get involved... She hung back into the alleyway.

-Inside the store-

"Listen, I'm going to kill one of you every minute the demands I made to the police are not met, starting with the children!" a man appeared to be irate and unkempt. Insanity was all over his face. The mother of two who had been shopping stood in front of her children, shaking. The others in the shop had been able to hide behind shelves and the like.

Click.

The man froze. What was that noise? He hadn't moved his gun yet. Was it one of the people hiding behind something? Did they have a gun, too? He panicked and scanned the area. His eyes landed on metal, alright, but not the type he was expecting. The back door was open. And in the doorway, a girl in a red tank top with a lightening bolt over a white shirt stood in the doorway.

The man shot at her, and the sound of metal hitting metal resounded. The man dropped to the floor, holding his shoulder and writhing in pain.

"Oh, you're bleeding. I figured you'd have known better... Too bad. This next part is going to hurt worse. First, your gun." She motioned her hand, and the magnetic force pulled the gun to her.

"Who... Who are you?"

"Sparks." And sparks shone off of her hands in a blaze. "Hold still." She drew closer.

"What are you doing?!? Stay away from me you freak!!!" the man shrieked. The mother covered the children's eyes. Sparks thrust her hand onto the bullet wound and cauterized it- an electrical burn in the shape of her hand was around it.

And just like that, Sparks was gone. Kloud walked down the street, watching the police rush in to the store after hearing the scream of the gunman. "How frightening. I hope everyone is okay..." she murmurs as she passed. "Don't you worry, miss. It appears someone has already apprehended the criminal. He wanted drugs in return for hostages. Whoever stopped him sure left in a hurry..."

"Quick! He has severe burns across his left shoulder!" a cop inside shouted out. "Right, back to work. Have a nice day, m'am!" The first officer ran inside.

Kloud shook her head and walked away. "I always had a soft spot for kids, even if I do dislike them."

((A bit of early on, fairly everyday action to get the wheels rolling. Trust me, this is small fish compared to the future, just wanted to give you guy's something to work off of. Perhaps a drug ring or a mafia/gang? I don't know, you tell me LOL))    
Report Spam   Logged

Korbis
Bashful Buizel
Swift Swimmer

Main FC: 2578-3610-6784

I'm Daniel, in case anyone's wondering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 03:01:19 pm »

A man was sitting down in what seemed to be some sort of laboratory.

"It appears that one of the worse side effects is showing symptoms of a very minor case of schizophrenia" the man said as he was apparently recording his voice, "It is easily silenced by medication, I believe that it does have a strong connection to my psychic abilities".

He reached out and picked up a spoon, staring at it intently.  After a minute the spoon started to bend ever so slightly.

"Uhg, it requires an immense amount of concentration and seems to weaken me to try and adjust my physical surroundings.  Later I might see if my abilities will be any stronger or weaker if I do not take the medication.  This is Daniel, signing off".

((Sorry I didn't include much in this, I had to type it up in a hurry.  I had to add the part at the end just to establish the character's name xD))
Report Spam   Logged

8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: it is though, in 1994 Chinda invited 20 western car companies to make a small family car for china
8:32 PM - Korbis: Chinda
8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: yeah
8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: chinda
8:33 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: they renamed it china in 2010 tho
8:33 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: after it got a vasectomey, it lost the d
8:33 PM - Korbis: XD

*Learning to Draw*

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: