Ludicom
March 29, 2024, 06:54:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Project Guide Event - Info & Scoreboard

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Project Guide Event - Info & Scoreboard  (Read 1055 times)
JCBellsprout
Tempo Owner

Main FC: 5200-4535-3010

View Profile WWW
« on: May 31, 2011, 11:47:53 pm »

Project Guide

In this contest, members are to make guides related to Pokemon (not necessarily whole game guides, either- guides on things such as breeding and EVing (some of which are already made- check before you submit) are great!).

Directions:
Post in this thread when you have posted a guide topic (with link) in the forum that you wih to build upon (as no two members can do the same guide, it works on a first post basis). A staff member will update the scoreboard with the topic of the guide you have chosen, the guide will not be rated until you have finalized your guide and have stated so by posting again in the info thread.

Scoring:
a. Each guide created = 10pts
b. Length + Organization = 0-3pts
c. Spelling + Grammar = 0-3pts
d. Subject (Accuracy, Interesting) = 0-4pts

Remember, quantity is not the only factor. Basically, the more you contribute, in both quantity and quality is what counts.

All guides should be in English and should be original content created by you (if you do cite specific data sources from another site, please cite it and add a link). Plagiarists will be disqualified. If a guide on the same subject of an already submitted but not posted guide is submitted, the better guide is chosen (but both will be credited for the contest). Guides can be for any generation (must mention which Gen) and can cover any Pokemon relevant topic.

List of Suggestions:
Competitive Pokemon Analyses, Guides on how ti use each Competitive Pokemon and Team Strategies.
Battle Subway Guide, Info, and Team Strategies
IV Breeding, RNG'ing
Pokemon Event Database
4th Gen Move Tutor Guide/Resource
Earlier Generation Game Walkthroughs
Pokesav
Guide on how to use the Pokemon Dream World
Guide on Glitches
Guide on Shiny Pokemon (what they are and how to get them)
Guide on Event Pokemon (what they are, how to get them)
Guide on Trading Pokemon (including online trading and bartering)
How to Play Pokemon TCG

More Suggested Guides will be added over time.

Use of BB Code and Pics will definitely stand out

« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 06:34:23 pm by Kloud » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

JCBellsprout
Tempo Owner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 11:52:44 pm »

Scoreboard:

Members who have submitted Guides will be named here, along with the points awarded for each guide, current total points, and topic of each guide submitted. Allow 24-48 hours after submission for each guide to be reviewed and rated by the staff.

Guide/Resource                                    Creator of Guide                                                  Points Awarded

Pokemon Rumble Guide [in progress]               bomb513                                                         Pending

Pokesav Guide [in progress]                     Loom Loom Kaboom                                                Pending                                         

Move Tutor Guide [in progress]                      Mijuwana                                                         Pending                                          
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 05:59:31 pm by Kloud » Report Spam   Logged

JCBellsprout
Tempo Owner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 04:54:41 pm »

Project Guide has oficially begun! Read over the general rules, expectations, and suggested list to get yourselves aquainted with the contest. It ends September 1st, so that leaves 3 months to do your guides. Have Fun!
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 04:57:31 pm »

wah? we dont get to post the guides? why?  there isn't really much reason as to why we couldnt post the guides ourselves after they've been accepted for the contest... cant we just post the guide and then post on the topic that it's for the contest and then have it be rated with points and stuff.. because that would make more sense and be more efficient.
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
JCBellsprout
Tempo Owner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 05:03:14 pm »

wah? we dont get to post the guides? why?  there isn't really much reason as to why we couldnt post the guides ourselves after they've been accepted for the contest... cant we just post the guide and then post on the topic that it's for the contest and then have it be rated with points and stuff.. because that would make more sense and be more efficient.

Kloud wrote that in the orginal Event thread (I copy/pasta the first part), I guess it makes it easier for her to prepare it for the reviewing process and for the staff to choose which guides to sticky and how. When she gets on I'll ask her.
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 05:07:17 pm »

Kloud wrote that in the orginal Event thread (I copy/pasta the first part), I guess it makes it easier for her to prepare it for the reviewing process and for the staff to choose which guides to sticky and how. When she gets on I'll ask her.
but other people's topics can be stickied.  It just seems better for everyone that the guide maker posts the guide and then it's judged and maybe stickied.  the best guides ever may not need stickies whereas the average ones might be a good sticky..  It doesnt really make it easier to prepare for the process when it's a bunch of pms being sent as opposed to seeing the topics there with people's posted guides on the site, whether they've been made sticky or not.  it doesnt seem like the stickying thing is even relevant at this point.
I think we should just post our guides and give more activity to the site with them and then they get judged on how well they were.  that makes the most sense.  All the guides are probably going to be very different from eachother, so it's not like they'll all put into different posts on the same topic because it's going to be very random.

also I'm thinking about adding a move tutor guide thing first possibly Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
JCBellsprout
Tempo Owner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 05:11:24 pm »

but other people's topics can be stickied.  It just seems better for everyone that the guide maker posts the guide and then it's judged and maybe stickied.  the best guides ever may not need stickies whereas the average ones might be a good sticky..  It doesnt really make it easier to prepare for the process when it's a bunch of pms being sent as opposed to seeing the topics there with people's posted guides on the site, whether they've been made sticky or not.  it doesnt seem like the stickying thing is even relevant at this point.
I think we should just post our guides and give more activity to the site with them and then they get judged on how well they were.  that makes the most sense.  All the guides are probably going to be very different from eachother, so it's not like they'll all put into different posts on the same topic because it's going to be very random.

also I'm thinking about adding a move tutor guide thing first possibly Smiley

True, as I said I'll talk with Kloud about that, I originally had the impression that you had.

Move tutor is nice, there are probably several other easy ones that people can think of doing too.
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 05:34:08 pm »

Reason I had it as PMs was to help us keep track of what was being submitted for the contest, as sometimes topics don't show up in the "Recently Unread Topics" thing for me (and others I assume) (and to also keep the board from being cluttered with several "How to EV" or other popular subject topics).

I'll discuss it with JCB a bit. I was just looking at it from a different POV than most of you I spose x3
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 05:39:11 pm »

Reason I had it as PMs was to help us keep track of what was being submitted for the contest, as sometimes topics don't show up in the "Recently Unread Topics" thing for me (and others I assume) (and to also keep the board from being cluttered with several "How to EV" or other popular subject topics).
though if you've been pmed a how to ev topic, then someone might not know that there is one already and then your pms will be cluttered with the how to ev topics.  if we posted a topic, then people would know that topic already been taken.  Jcb did say we could say what guides we wanted to do in these topics, so we can reserve them and wont have the same kind of guide everywhere.
all if you click "all unread topics" then all the topics you havnt seen appeared as opposed to just the recent ones.
Report Spam   Logged

JCBellsprout
Tempo Owner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 06:03:34 pm »

OP Updated
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2011, 06:36:06 pm »

Added in a few more ideas for the taking! Get 'em while they're hot! xD

Also, please do check the edited OP. Important edits have been made, including a change in the way guides are submitted, so read read read! Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

loom
Emerald Hoarder

k

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2011, 01:17:55 am »

Added in a few more ideas for the taking! Get 'em while they're hot! xD

Also, please do check the edited OP. Important edits have been made, including a change in the way guides are submitted, so read read read! Cheesy
The TCG one is interesting :3
Report Spam   Logged

Steel, I'm normally a very passive person, but I do have my limits. So either fix the forum, or I'll track your ass down, strap an explosive to you and throw you in a river, and when the explosive goes off, people will think it was just a failed terrorist act. Seriously, you better have saved everything you took off the forum.
RIIKYUUUN~<3
Shoubu wo... MONKEY nan da yo!
Lombre Legend

Kissu jya, JoJo de wa nai... KONO DIO DA!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2011, 04:25:01 am »

A Pokemon Rumble Guide, well, almost: http://ludicom.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,791.0.html
Report Spam   Logged

"This hand of mine sparkles with a fabulous power; its shining grip tells me to dazzle you! FABULOUS FINGER!"
Richie was born a female, he posts about his transition into manhood and the struggles he goes through. He's a real inspiration Q_Q
loom
Emerald Hoarder

k

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2011, 02:58:48 pm »

I'd give mine a week or less before it's finish, because i ish lazy xP
Report Spam   Logged

Steel, I'm normally a very passive person, but I do have my limits. So either fix the forum, or I'll track your ass down, strap an explosive to you and throw you in a river, and when the explosive goes off, people will think it was just a failed terrorist act. Seriously, you better have saved everything you took off the forum.
JCBellsprout
Tempo Owner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2011, 01:48:39 am »

Added Loomeh's Guide to the scoreboard.

Remember guys, if you post guides, you have to post in this topc, with the link, so we can add the topic to the scoreboard.

All projects will be marked as in progress until you post again and confirm that it is finished and ready for rating.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: