Ludicom
March 28, 2024, 04:44:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Smogon's 5th Generation Tier List for Competitive Battling + Standard Rules

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Smogon's 5th Generation Tier List for Competitive Battling + Standard Rules  (Read 3763 times)
JCBellsprout
Tempo Owner

Main FC: 5200-4535-3010

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2011, 02:19:39 pm »

Staraptor is BL, like I said before it's banned from UU thus it's BL because it was broken and everyone used one

Chansey is still UU because it didnt get a super majority, it's only got a simple majority so it's a suspect next round.  Why it's not banned already is beyond me, again it's broken and everyone uses one.

Meant to say OU earlier, but yea I completely agree especially on Chansey.
Report Spam   Logged

JCBellsprout
Tempo Owner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2011, 12:46:42 am »

Hey Aryeh, could you make it so the names of the pokemon link back to their new pages?
Report Spam   Logged

Teenage Mutant Ninja Squirtles
Lombre Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2011, 06:15:22 pm »

Where's Dusknoir? I can see Dusklops but isn't Dusknoir better?
Report Spam   Logged

JCBellsprout
Tempo Owner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2011, 06:20:51 pm »

Where's Dusknoir? I can see Dusklops but isn't Dusknoir better?

With Eviolite Dusclops outdoing what Dusknoir can do in walling potential, Dusknoir has dropped to NU.
Report Spam   Logged

Lombre Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2011, 07:06:09 pm »

With Eviolite Dusclops outdoing what Dusknoir can do in walling potential, Dusknoir has dropped to NU.
I forgot that item *face palm*
I also have a great rain dance team in mind (how original >_<). It involves a Politoad lol Smiley
I think its better then most. I'm not going to post everything because that will take too long but here are the pokemon:
Politoad (defensive), Toxicroak, Thunderus, Ferroforn, Latios/Latias (I'm thinking Latias as it takes more hits). My last pokemon is between, Ludiciolo (makes the most of rain dance and if or when Politoad goes down, Ludicolo can keep the rain dance and it makes the most of it while rain dance is there), Virizton (just a solid sweeper that can take a hit and it loses its fire weekness) or azumaril (aqua jet, STAB and in rain will take care of most pokemon). There is one more pokemon but I doubt it will be a viable option. Swampert. Its a strong pokemon, does well in the rain but I think Azumaril will be the better option.
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2011, 04:01:24 am »

I forgot that item *face palm*
I also have a great rain dance team in mind (how original >_<). It involves a Politoad lol Smiley
I think its better then most. I'm not going to post everything because that will take too long but here are the pokemon:
Politoad (defensive), Toxicroak, Thunderus, Ferroforn, Latios/Latias (I'm thinking Latias as it takes more hits). My last pokemon is between, Ludiciolo (makes the most of rain dance and if or when Politoad goes down, Ludicolo can keep the rain dance and it makes the most of it while rain dance is there), Virizton (just a solid sweeper that can take a hit and it loses its fire weekness) or azumaril (aqua jet, STAB and in rain will take care of most pokemon). There is one more pokemon but I doubt it will be a viable option. Swampert. Its a strong pokemon, does well in the rain but I think Azumaril will be the better option.
don't bother with swampert, it's basically the 4thgenelectivire of this gen, aka the one that makes it to ou despite being subpar and outclassed by things.
Thundurus is a suspect, it might be banned..
but yeah politoad/ferrothorn/virizion/latios/toxicroak/azumarill is a solid team, but if thundurus doesnt get banned it could be put in..
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
Lombre Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2011, 05:48:13 am »

If it is put into uber, I think Zapdos will still be a viable option. I'll probably be replacing Virizton with it though.
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2011, 11:58:58 am »

If it is put into uber, I think Zapdos will still be a viable option. I'll probably be replacing Virizton with it though.
Virizion is more worth it tbh
Zapdos and Thundurus play different roles despite having the same type, it's not just about typing, it's about strategy and they play differently.
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
Lombre Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2011, 02:46:41 pm »

What I have realised with my team is that if Latios faints, appart from Politoad, I will have no other pokemon on my team that is special orientated.
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2011, 05:21:59 am »

What I have realised with my team is that if Latios faints, appart from Politoad, I will have no other pokemon on my team that is special orientated.
This is OU, OU has been a Physical Metagame since Gen 1
Report Spam   Logged

Cypheric
The FlinxhHax!
Lotadpole

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2011, 06:14:33 am »

Evasion clause doesn't have to be specific, there are more moves, I believe, that raise evasion and lower accuracy, along with abilities.
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2011, 09:53:10 am »

Evasion clause doesn't have to be specific, there are more moves, I believe, that raise evasion and lower accuracy, along with abilities.
Accuracy Lowering Moves are not part of Evasion Clause because a Pokémon can switch out when their accuracy is lowered, but can't when their opponent's evasion is higher.  Abilities are not part of Evasion Clause, Moody has its own clause, so currently Evasion Clause is the two moves and two items, listing what they are helps those reading this thread know which ones are covered by the clause so yes it does have to be specific Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Cypheric
The FlinxhHax!
Lotadpole

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2011, 02:58:58 pm »

Accuracy Lowering Moves are not part of Evasion Clause because a Pokémon can switch out when their accuracy is lowered, but can't when their opponent's evasion is higher.  Abilities are not part of Evasion Clause, Moody has its own clause, so currently Evasion Clause is the two moves and two items, listing what they are helps those reading this thread know which ones are covered by the clause so yes it does have to be specific :P

What about abilities such as Sand Veil?

EDIT: Also, I don't see much point in the Status Clause, due to the fact many teams are meant to spread status.

You just ruined my Mandibuzz. :p
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 03:02:25 pm by Cypheric » Report Spam   Logged

JCBellsprout
Tempo Owner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2011, 03:31:06 pm »

EDIT: Also, I don't see much point in the Status Clause, due to the fact many teams are meant to spread status.

Sand Veil/Snow Cloak are allowed, only using Evasion increasing items along with it (like Brightpowder) isn't allowed. Anyway the most versatile user, Garchomp, was already banned.

Status Clause isn't used much, it's on the non-standard list. 
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2011, 03:56:37 pm »

Status Clause isnt standard, I've put it on there for completion's sake
Sand Veil and Snow Cloak are not part of the evasion clause despite some people having tried to make it so
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: