Ludicom
March 29, 2024, 07:49:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Grammar Prose Thread

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Grammar Prose Thread  (Read 368 times)
Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« on: June 27, 2011, 09:22:28 am »

Hello my fellow Lotads.  I am Aryeh, the Neon Rider and all around proprietor of Mijuwana.  In my attempt of helping this forum garner activity; this time being about the creative front, I have come up with the idea of the Ludicom Grammar Prose.  People may or may not post Fanfics, RP Posts or Guides and so forth.  For the ones that do, they may want someone else to go over it and see if it's good.  In fact it's better if more than one person goes over it so any mistakes such as typos (will be mostly typos), spelling mistakes, grammar things and whatever (this isn't meant in offence, this is to help make things neater and stuff... don't kill me xD ) can be remedied and then you can post your fic/post/guide/etc with the knowledge of it being a more "pro" quality.

So here is the next part, hopefully some people will join this topic's "Team".  What will happen is that someone who has created some form of text will want to send one of us their piece and then the person they sent to will go over it and fix what the find.  Then that person sends it to another in the team who will then go over any more and fix what else there is (double checking is important!  We may miss something out, which is why we have a team (well that and the possibility sometimes people are busy so someone else can do it instead)).  Then it can be sent to the original writer and they can post their topic (their new shiny and punctually correct topic at that Wink )  You can request a Triple Check if you really want it to be perfect, but a double check is generally good.  However we will do triples (three people on the team) if we have to.  Like maybe it's for something super special awesome.

Certain Things We May Check:
- Grammar Mistakes
- Spelling Mistakes
- Paragraphing
- Typos in general (There will be typos, it happens to the best of us.  Believe me, I know!)
- Giving the letter "I" a capital letter
- Their, There and They're (this deserve it's own section on this list xD )
- Removing *stars* because they are silly
- If for an RP post, making it comply with rules (We will have contact with the original poster if changing this is fairly major... though if it is, read the rules lol)
- Anything else really that makes the English better for it to be posted
(ps- if Airavon ever comes back and asks for a grammar check, don't bother.  It's like beyond repair anyway so fixing it would take some kind of miracle and I doubt god wants a miracle to happen to a psychopath. Tongue)

Happy Writing!  We are here to help and we do it politely too. (That's right we don't make fun of you when we do this.  We may make fun of you anytime else but that's us off the clock and we aren't held liable for that)

The Team:
- Aryeh the unquestionably brilliant dude-bro-man-bro
-
-
-
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

RIIKYUUUN~<3
Shoubu wo... MONKEY nan da yo!
Lombre Legend

Kissu jya, JoJo de wa nai... KONO DIO DA!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 03:39:26 pm »

Can I join this team?

I do watch my, and sometimes others' grammar.
Report Spam   Logged

"This hand of mine sparkles with a fabulous power; its shining grip tells me to dazzle you! FABULOUS FINGER!"
Richie was born a female, he posts about his transition into manhood and the struggles he goes through. He's a real inspiration Q_Q
breakdanzkat
Ruby Gatherer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 03:49:04 pm »

I'll join! I'm pretty good at finding grammar and spelling mistakes. My friends call me the "grammar nazi" of the group.
Report Spam   Logged
Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 05:16:12 pm »

Bumping for Aidan to see.
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
DelightfulPotato
Pokemon Demigod
Sapphire Collector

Gym Leader Extraordinaire!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 05:19:33 pm »

Bumping for Aidan to see.
Heheheh. I would be delighted to work alongside you, Aryeh, and anyone else that'd be suitable for this. I am thinking about a career in editing, so this seems like an excellent way to improve my skills and collaborate with others, in the hope that we improve their quality of work.

Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 05:23:13 pm »

Heheheh. I would be delighted to work alongside you, Aryeh, and anyone else that'd be suitable for this. I am thinking about a career in editing, so this seems like an excellent way to improve my skills and collaborate with others, in the hope that we improve their quality of work.
Awesome!  I'm really glad; it will be great to have this set up.  Also since I'm taking an A-Level Course in English Language now, this could possibly help me too since there is so much stuff relating to grammar in the course.
Let's get this show on the road and hopefully people can submit things for us to check and fix the lexis in their sentences to be the right structure.
Report Spam   Logged

Eric
The higest rank of the turtles in the turtle kingdom.
Ruby Gatherer

Turtle power is not the power to be underestimated

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2011, 09:05:49 pm »

Great idea! I will post it over here once I finished my sequel for you guys to help me to do a check over. =D Thanks in advance!
Report Spam   Logged

I am in need of Minecraft gift codes. I can't buy online stuff and I really love minecraft. So If you have a spare gift code, I hope you can give me. =)
RosimInc
Emerald Hoarder

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 10:24:16 pm »

There was only one Linguistic Ninja missing in the community Wink.

Cordially,
RosimInc
Report Spam   Logged
Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2011, 06:45:03 am »

There was only one Linguistic Ninja missing in the community Wink.

Cordially,
RosimInc
Rosim! *tackle*
Report Spam   Logged

RosimInc
Emerald Hoarder

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2011, 07:49:12 am »

Rosim! *tackle*
-Rosim? Hahaha, yes, that's how you called me. Rosim, the Grey. That was my name.
-Rosim.
-I am Rosim the White, coming back to you.

Cordially,
RosimInc
Report Spam   Logged
DelightfulPotato
Pokemon Demigod
Sapphire Collector

Gym Leader Extraordinaire!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 12:16:53 am »

-Rosim? Hahaha, yes, that's how you called me. Rosim, the Grey. That was my name.
-Rosim.
-I am Rosim the White, coming back to you.

Cordially,
RosimInc
I love you for this post.
Report Spam   Logged

Curse
Ludicolo Expert

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2011, 08:21:08 pm »

- Their, There and They're (this deserve it's own section on this list xD )
I spotted a mistake
Report Spam   Logged

Aperture
Lotad Student

I have a very minor case of serious brain damage.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2011, 12:08:52 pm »

I would be interested, certainly. I would probably post a lot of school assignments for checking; is that okay?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: