Ludicom
March 28, 2024, 03:54:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Into their World- Roleplay Topic

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 97
  Print  
Author Topic: Into their World- Roleplay Topic  (Read 19553 times)
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« on: July 04, 2011, 01:54:08 pm »

((All posts in this topic are to be IN CHARACTER. Not even out of character ((xx)) will be welcome after this post. Please make OOC discussion in THIS topic. Thank you!))

Everything started on such a normal day. The members of Ludicom talked about the usual- Pokemon, and of course, just chatting. It may have been quiet, but you'd have been hard pressed to find a place more cheery and calm than Ludicom.

It was on this day, July 4th 2011, that a new member became visible. While his account was inactive, it seemed suspicious. Strange things began to happen. This was two weeks ago.

---July 18, 2011---

Over the past two weeks, Ludicom slowly but surely seemed to be overtaken by a strange entity. Nobody could identify who or what it was, until the forum index of Ludicom started to redirect to a webpage hosted on Ludicom, hidden among the files unseen to the public viewer. THIS was the page. Upon seeing this page, most members came to assume that the admins were pranking them and that it would be over soon. However, that couldn't be farther from the truth...

Kloud and JCB were really starting to sweat it. They couldn't figure out how to fix the forum. Had they been hacked? They could still get into the admin panel, but were unable to figure out how this redirection was happening. Even Wes was unable to stop it. Kloud decided to call this ARC on its bluff- she sent in her information. Since the forum was inaccessible, what else could be done? Before anything else could be said, a number of other curious members also sent in their information. After all, it looked just like a huge site event. With freebies for everyone, nonetheless! Some members were suspicious, but most assumed it was just good fun hosted by their admins and everyone who submitted their information awaited the arrival of the package mentioned by ARC.

The day after submitting their information, a package arrived on the doorsteps of those who followed the instructions. It was almost as though someone had walked up to their doors and placed it there themselves, but that, surely, would be impossible! Especially since some members lived in Europe, others in North America, and others still in other places. It would simply be too far for one person to travel without large expenses. But, with the games arrived, what else did the Ludicom members have to do?

-----------------------------------

Kloud carefully opened the package. Her heart was beating against her ribcage. Whoever was messing with Ludicom, they weren't joking. Who? Who was this? Is it all an elaborate prank? She peered into the package to make sure nothing strange was in there. All she could see was a small blue rectangle.

She pulled the rectangle out and confirmed her suspicions. "Yep. Pokemon Blue. It's been years since I've seen one of these up close..." Something felt off to her. She examined it more closely, looking it over for what might have been giving her the creeps. That was when it hit her: two things were off.

One, the cart looked like it was brand new. There were no scratches, the sticker wasn't even faded at all. No kid had their name written on it in Sharpie. It looked just like it had come out of the box moments ago. Two, on the back of the cart, in the small indentation on the backs of all Pokemon GB and GBA games, it was colored black with Sharpie. Another small circle was below it, same size and seemingly perfect in shape. That was the only thing that made it different from a cart fresh out of the box. Kloud wasn't sure what to make of these markings- or if they even had meaning. She decided to ignore the gnawing feeling in her gut, and went to grab her Mew Pink SP and popped the cart in.

The game started fine- nothing was off. She entered her real name as the character name. "This'll bring back memories. Just like when I was a kid- same version, same names-" she typed in "Gary" for the name of her rival "-same starter." She went through the all-too familiar motions and ended up in Oak's Lab, in front of the table. She moved her character in front of Squirtle's Pokeball and pressed A, then confirmed her choice. She nicknamed him Titan, after her Nuzlocke starter. Fond memories overtook her and her uneasiness slowly drifted away. When she went to move her character away from the table, the screen went white. She watched for a moment in confusion, wondering if the cart was faulty, before she whited out as well.

((New idea, for your intro just write about how your character reacted to the events and what they did leading up to them passing out at the white screen, as my character did. I'm tired of typing xD We can go farther in the next post, in which I'll set the stage for the next world.))
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 02:26:58 pm »

Another day on Ludicom.  The site was going fairly well.  Of course people needed to think of various activies for the site in order to provide some more activity.  Lo and behold, it seemed that a new site activity was there.  When accessing the site, Aryeh was redirected to a page.  Obviously it seemed like it was some kind of cool site event.  It was a cool thing that the admins were giving the members free Pokémon games.  Though the language used on the page seemed odd.  Aryeh shrugged it off and followed the instructions.  The next day a package arrived and Aryeh opened it.

"That quick" Aryeh said to himself "They must have sent it off straight away on first class.  I am in another continent.  I hope Kloud didn't spend too much money on postage and packaging.  I want the site to be active, but we could have waited for the game to arrive so we didn't cost her so much cash.  Not to mention the page offering to give out GBAs."

With nothing else to do, Aryeh popped the game into his GBA SP and turned it on.

"The graphics are kind of meh.  I don't feel like I'm going to be able to finish playing the whole way through.  I'm still shocked that the batteries aren't dead though."

Aryeh got to the point where he obtained a starter Pokémon.  He picked Charmander and named it Flame, after his Charmander starter in Leaf Green.  His player character then stopped moving.

"It's glitched already" sighed Aryeh, getting up to post about that on Ludicom.

Strangely, Aryeh couldn't get up either.

"What the hell!" he yelled "I can't move!"

Then in a moment, he was out cold.  The SP then turned itself off and the game popped out.
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
Tuxedo Mask
YAY!
Lotad Hero

Main FC: 1936 1182 3920

Fear The Rose!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 02:44:00 pm »

"What the-" Ian thought to himself. A page on ludicom had randomly popped up on his screen. It looked like a weird event. Apparantly it had something to do with the original games of pokemon."Cool. I guess i'll take red". Ian said to himself. Since it was midnight, he figured he should get to bed. When he woke up next morning there was a package at his door." Wow, i thought it would take at least a week." Ian went to his room and got his gameboy color and played the game."Same old stuff." Typed in the name Ian and picked suirtle. He named it lil'squirt. However right after he named it, the game glitched."Come on. Its brand new. Guess i better go send it back." Ian said out loud.But when he got up he looked at the screen, he fainted and the gameboy fell and slid under his bed.
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 03:53:53 pm »

---Within the Void---

"Welcome." The voice sounded fake and was so loud... Kloud wanted to cover her ears. "All participants can hear me, it is of no use to any of you to cover your ears. Further instructions will be provided when we make contact."

"...Contact...?" Kloud was just barely able to form the word.

"Correct. But there is an error, I must finish patching it before we make contact. I do not know how you regained your consciousness, but you will be put to sleep again as the others are. You will still be able to hear me, do not worry. I will finish fixing the errors before you all arrive."

---Pallet Town---

"...Oh my! Are you all okay?! Wake up, please, wake up!" A man cried. He hadn't seen these people around before, and there were so many, all collapsed around the same area. He didn't know what to make of it, but he had to help! He shook Kloud's shoulder, since she was out front of the rest of the group. "M'am...?"

Kloud felt like she was being shook. Her head was throbbing with pain and she couldn't focus on what the person was saying. She tried to respond, but could only mumble. She opened her eyes and looked around.

"Thank goodness! I was really worried. We don't get many visitors here in Pallet Town. It's a small town, kind of out of the way. What brings you and your friends here? What's your name? I'm Stan." The large man from in front of Oak's Lab- Stan.

"I'm Kloud, but...Pallet Town? What state are we in?" Kloud asks. "State? I don't follow. If you mean country, we're in Kanto!" Stan replies happily. Kloud's eyes grow wide. She looks around again. In the nearby trees, some Pidgey were nesting. On the Route out of town, she could see Rattata playing in the grass. She started to hyperventilate, panicking. She turns around and starts to shake those nearby her frantically. Maybe one of them knew what was going on? She couldn't recognize them, but Stan had said they came with her, so surely one of them knew.

Just then, she heard a beeping coming from her backpack. She stops shaking the others. She hadn't even had a backpack before. She wasn't even wearing the same clothes! She swings her backpack over her shoulder and opens it, looking for the source of the beeps. She eventually lands her eyes on a honest-to-goodness real Pokedex. And the little blue light? It was blinking. But in Gen I, Pokedexes aren't cell phones. This doesn't make sense! She opens it. A message pops up.

-----------------

To: All player

Welcome to Kanto! The game has begun. There is no turning back at this point. There are a few things I would like to mention, as well as a few rules.

1. Any player found to be breaking the rules will be terminated.
2. All mechanics involving items, battling, catching, and Pokemon in general will act as they do in Pokemon Red and Blue. While the world may not look like the game looked upon your screens, it will still act the same functionally.
3. Players are not to attempt to edit or otherwise disrupt the game's code. This includes the activation of glitches present within the game.
4. It is recommended, but not required, that you travel in groups.
5. Players are not allowed to Fly more than one city in either direction at any time in the period of 24 hours.
6. Players must obtain an HM or TM before being able to use it. There is only one of each HM and TM, therefore sharing or not is up to the player who originally possesses the item.
7. Players who are too slow will be terminated.

Thank you for participating in the ARC Project! Please keep alert for future messages. You may contact me via e-mail or private message using your Pokedex as well as other players. I have added this feature as a handicap- make use of it, or not.

----------------

Kloud stared at the message, supremely confused. What is going on?!?! She looked into her bag and saw an occupied Pokeball. She opens it... And out comes Titan, the Squirtle from her Blue game! He smiles at her, cheerful.

"Um... Titan?" "Sqirt!" Kloud was feeling faint from all of this. "Can you hit them with some water or something and wake them up?" "Squirtle!"

Titan sprayed a stream of water at the rest of the group in an attempt to wake them up. Stan started to walk away, as he had lost interest in the group.
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 04:17:09 pm »

A burst of water hit Aryeh in the face.  He began to wake up.  In front of him stood two people, one of which being strangely familiar... he may have seen them in a photo before or something.  There were some other people on the floor too.  They were being squirted with water too.  Aryeh looked to the source of the water.  Standing there was a Squirtle.

"Squirtle" gasped Aryeh "What the crap!"

Aryeh quickly turned to the familiar person.

"Where am I, who are you and why in god's earth is there a Squirtle over there" Aryeh said frantically.

A beeping came from behind Aryeh.  Aryeh put his hands behind his back to see he was now wearing a backpack.  He put his hands in the backpack and took out an item; the Pokédex.  On it was the message.

"This is madness..." said Aryeh.
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
Tuxedo Mask
YAY!
Lotad Hero

Fear The Rose!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 04:24:11 pm »

Ian was awaken by a burst of water. He saw a whole bunch of people on the ground and a boy and a girl talking to each other with a panicked looked on their faces. But what Ian was looking at was the squirtle next to the girl.
"A sqiurtle?!" yelled Ian
"Where are we"? A beeping came from his backpack. But Ian never had a backpack. He looked in it and found a pokedex that had a message on it.

"Well. Now I've seen everything."
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 04:54:09 pm by Mijuwana » Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 04:31:00 pm »

Kloud looked down at the guy who had woken up as the water hit him. She had no idea what to say. "..." Titan nudged her in encouragement.

"I'm Kloud..." She looks the guy on the ground over, then looks to Titan. She wasn't sure if she could trust them... Any of them. Titan looked back endearingly, before climbing up onto her shoulder. He was pretty small for a Squirtle. Kloud decided that she may as well take the lead, since she had no other ideas.

"Um, yeah... Well, Stan-" Kloud points to the large man now sitting near Oak's Lab "-told me we were in Pallet Town, in Kanto. Like in the Pokemon games, I'm assuming, since Titan here is definitely a Squirtle. You see, I answered this creepy webpage in an attempt to get to the bottom of what appeared to be a hacking, and got this Pokemon Blue cart in the mail, and then..."

Kloud became quiet. She had absolutely no idea. "...I don't know after that. I feel funny, though..." Titan patted her shoulder sympathetically. "So, who are you? Do you know anything...? Or any of those people that are still out?"

At this point, another of the guys had woken up. Kloud looks over at him, "Oh, um, hi. Sorry about that."
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2011, 04:39:33 pm »

"Kloud... I knew you looked familiar" Aryeh said, feeling slightly less anxious "It's those games.  The games of that ARC thing.  They took us here.  I thought it was you sending them.  It's hard taking this in.."

Aryeh looked around for a second before turning back to Kloud.

"I'm Aryeh" he smiled.
Report Spam   Logged

Tuxedo Mask
YAY!
Lotad Hero

Fear The Rose!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2011, 04:44:28 pm »

Ian was mad  at that "ARC" guy. But when he was splashed with water he calmed down. The girl looked at him with a nervous look on her face and apologized. "It's okay" said Ian. He looked around after hearing the words pallet town and pokemon cart in the mail. He then realized that these people must have been from Ludicom. And without ever even seeing them, he knew that was Kloud and Aryeh.
"Well since we are getting to introductions I'm Ian".
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 04:53:44 pm by Mijuwana » Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2011, 04:54:10 pm »

"Aryeh..." Kloud repeated, finding all of this hard to believe. She nodded to him before turning to the guy who called himself Ian. "What was your username, Ian?"

The Pokedexes beeped again.

---------------

To: All players

Waking up I hope? I'll make your first assignment easy. Get to Viridian City. You have until the end of the day. Be quick about it! If any of you aren't in the city at sunset, those outside city limits will be terminated!

Have fun Smiley

----------------------

"Urk..." Kloud's concerned face turned into an outright frown. A few people had yet to wake up... If these were truly Ludicom members, people she knew, she didn't want them to be "terminated"... In fact, what did ARC mean by that? "Well, we've at least got a few hours before sunset, judging by the position of the sun.... " Kloud became quiet again, and instead decided to look at Titan. It was amazing to see a Pokemon, live and up close....
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2011, 04:58:05 pm »

"Terminated.. that sounds really bad" Aryeh said worriedly "This guy is dangerous.  He's trapped us in a game.  As much as I want to be in the Pokémon world, this is not how I wanted it.  We have to head up to Viridian quickly.  Then we'll have time before the end of the day to talk.  Our survival is priority over anything else in this guy's twisted mind.  He seems so calm and casual about what he is doing.  If this is like the games, then we head up Route 1."
Report Spam   Logged

Tuxedo Mask
YAY!
Lotad Hero

Fear The Rose!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2011, 05:00:57 pm »

"Povoman77"

"great we got to go to Viridian city. Please tell me we are all in a group." Just as he finished he triped and out of his pocket came a pokeball. And when it opened a squirtle came out. " So i guess this is Lil'sqiurt huh." he sighed. "Well if we're going lets start now."
"
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2011, 05:05:59 pm »

"Oh, I see... But I agree. We need to hurry. But three people are still out cold." She kicks one of them lightly, as if to try and wake them. "We'll have to carry them. I don't want to find out what terminated means. Route 1 it is..." As Kloud turns around, she sees one of the others, a cloaked figure, stand up and sprint away. "WAIT! Please, come back! You should stay with the group!" Kloud yells to the person. But no reply- they were gone within seconds. Whoever it was, they really booked it. Kloud looked upset.

"I wonder who that was... But maybe we can carry them?" Kloud leans down to pick up one of the remaining unconscious group members. With some effort, she manages to pick him up. "Let's go."
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2011, 05:07:46 pm »

"Who was that" wondered Aryeh "That person in the cloak, I didnt think they were with us.  Who knows what's in this crazy game."

Aryeh made his way towards Route 1, dragging one of his fellow KO'ed Ludicom members along.

"Nonetheless, let's head outwards.  When these guys wake up, we can find out who they are."
Report Spam   Logged

RIIKYUUUN~<3
Shoubu wo... MONKEY nan da yo!
Lombre Legend

Kissu jya, JoJo de wa nai... KONO DIO DA!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2011, 05:13:57 pm »

"Ehh, wha-" Richie wondered as he looked around the area he was in. "Ow, who knew turning on a GBA in 2011 would knock you out?"

Richie continued to examine his surroundings when he noticed he was no longer in his home. Everything looked strange as if they were pixels.

"Wait! Am I in- No, I should know not to assume." Richie said.

There was no one around at the time, he did see a rather large building, he walked towards the building at read a sign in front.

"A laboratory huh." Richie said as he entered the laboratory. "Am I a bit late for something?"

Richie noticed something fall out of his bag, it was a Pokeball.

"What the- A Pokeball?" He said as he clicked the button in the middle of it.

In a bright flash of light a small creature was standing in front of him.

"Whoa! A Charmander!" Richie cried, surprised.

Richie then tried to reach for his phone to call his friend, Nick, but instead he grabbed a small, red, rectangular device. The device also was embedded with a few messages concerning his stay in the game.

"Huh, to Viridian City, okay, that shouldn't be too hard, come on, uh- Hotwire! Yeah, that's a sweet name." Richie said.
Report Spam   Logged

"This hand of mine sparkles with a fabulous power; its shining grip tells me to dazzle you! FABULOUS FINGER!"
Richie was born a female, he posts about his transition into manhood and the struggles he goes through. He's a real inspiration Q_Q

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 97
  Print  

Jump to: