Ludicom
April 18, 2024, 12:06:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Retro Discussion General

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Retro Discussion General  (Read 1503 times)
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« on: July 07, 2011, 04:00:11 pm »

This is basically a general discussion of Gameboy and Gameboy Color Pokemon games thread (think ToT, except for GB and GBC Pokemon games). Talk about memories, past and recent experiences, and more! Not limited to main series games, either- anything in the GSC era or sooner is welcome talk here.

Now for some of my nostalgic memories. xP Not all, but I'll put up a few.

That's my carrying case from when I was a kid. I still use it, it's awesome and has lots of pockets. It also matched my GBC (now lost, sadly, but I had a Grape one).

My current "retro set". Pinball (the original with the RumblePak) too! The Crystal also has a good condition game guide with it. So old <3

So, starter topics.

What were rumors you heard in this era? Since the internet wasn't widespread to those under 18 back when Red and Blue came out, this led to a lot of neighborhood rumors (at least for me). What did you hear? Did you try any?

What did you think when you encountered your first shiny/Red Gyarados?

Have you played any retro games recently? On a Nintendo console? Tell us about it.

Feel free to bring up new topics too! Keep it going people Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 07:49:16 pm by Kloud » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Tuxedo Mask
YAY!
Lotad Hero

Main FC: 1936 1182 3920

Fear The Rose!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 04:10:54 pm »

i remember the old glitch where you got all starters. fake of course. ah the good old days
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 04:14:41 pm »

i remember the old glitch where you got all starters. fake of course. ah the good old days
There's actually a glitch in GSC that lets you do that o.o I tried it once a long time ago, worked like a charm.

I heard about all sorts of ways to catch Mew (none of which were true), plus rumors about the Pokegods and Pikablu. I also heard about all sorts of Easter Egg type deals, but never tried any because I was worried I'd hurt my Pokemon. xD

Although once, on my original play of Blue, I encountered the freakiest thing. It was one of the cocoons (Kakuna or Metapod, can't remember) in the grass patch right below Mt. Moon. Not only do they not appear there, but it also used Vine Whip and Bubble. Needless to say, I was scared outta my mind xD
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 04:35:46 pm by Kloud » Report Spam   Logged

Tuxedo Mask
YAY!
Lotad Hero

Fear The Rose!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 04:35:05 pm »

i once found a pikachu that was level 100 before i even got a badge
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 04:40:03 pm »

So, for those of you who have played a GB or GBC recently, what do you think of it? After years with more advanced systems, I have to say, I'm disappointed. But my memories of how great it was make me smile... That had to contribute to why I wear glasses now LOL, since I''d try to play at night. It must have been a real chore to raise Pokemon without in-system lighting... I just remember how much I loved it, never really looked to complain back then xDD
Report Spam   Logged

RIIKYUUUN~<3
Shoubu wo... MONKEY nan da yo!
Lombre Legend

Kissu jya, JoJo de wa nai... KONO DIO DA!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 04:47:56 pm »

i once found a pikachu that was level 100 before i even got a badge
That reminds me, I found a Pikachu that had a Metapod cry one time.

So, for those of you who have played a GB or GBC recently, what do you think of it? After years with more advanced systems, I have to say, I'm disappointed. But my memories of how great it was make me smile... That had to contribute to why I wear glasses now LOL, since I''d try to play at night. It must have been a real chore to raise Pokemon without in-system lighting... I just remember how much I loved it, never really looked to complain back then xDD
Ah~ The good days when I got so mad when I couldn't play my game at night, ah~.
Report Spam   Logged

"This hand of mine sparkles with a fabulous power; its shining grip tells me to dazzle you! FABULOUS FINGER!"
Richie was born a female, he posts about his transition into manhood and the struggles he goes through. He's a real inspiration Q_Q
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 04:51:43 pm »

That reminds me, I found a Pikachu that had a Metapod cry one time.
Ah~ The good days when I got so mad when I couldn't play my game at night, ah~.
That sounds horrifying ._.;;

Same. xD

Watch this for retro music about why he loved the RBY:

It's a dumb song, but funny. I kind of preferred it when I was a newblet, since I was GSC and before when I was most newbish. So I can relate to missing the good old days xD
Report Spam   Logged

JCBellsprout
Tempo Owner

Main FC: 5200-4535-3010

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 05:32:24 pm »

Would anyone be interested in a Let's Play kinda thing?
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 06:14:53 pm »

Would anyone be interested in a Let's Play kinda thing?
I would~~ I'm actually kind of doing it with the rp anyways. xD Everything I get in the rp is something I got in my Blue. Cheesy But I've started trying to rebuild the team on LG and it's been a real pain, since some of them have wonky genders (just in case the battery dies anytime soon, I'd want to have the team still).
Report Spam   Logged

JCBellsprout
Tempo Owner

Main FC: 5200-4535-3010

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2011, 06:41:20 pm »

I would~~ I'm actually kind of doing it with the rp anyways. xD Everything I get in the rp is something I got in my Blue. Cheesy But I've started trying to rebuild the team on LG and it's been a real pain, since some of them have wonky genders (just in case the battery dies anytime soon, I'd want to have the team still).

I was thinking of doing one run of Yellow and then Silver on Stadium, perhaps I should make a Let's Play topic , something where others can input as well.
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2011, 06:52:02 pm »

I was thinking of doing one run of Yellow and then Silver on Stadium, perhaps I should make a Let's Play topic , something where others can input as well.
Might be fun Cheesy At least a place to randomly chat about runs. I'd have a lot to brag about with my Blue run xD
Report Spam   Logged

RIIKYUUUN~<3
Lombre Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2011, 07:13:03 pm »

Might be fun Cheesy At least a place to randomly chat about runs. I'd have a lot to brag about with my Blue run xD
Me too. On one of my Emerald runs almost every Pokemon I had in my team had awesome natures and IVs. (Blaziken/Adamant, Linoone/Jolly, Gardevoir/Calm, Ninjask/Adamant, Shedinja/Adamant, Wailord/Bold)
Report Spam   Logged

"This hand of mine sparkles with a fabulous power; its shining grip tells me to dazzle you! FABULOUS FINGER!"
Richie was born a female, he posts about his transition into manhood and the struggles he goes through. He's a real inspiration Q_Q
Tuxedo Mask
YAY!
Lotad Hero

Fear The Rose!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2011, 07:37:19 pm »

Me too. On one of my Emerald runs almost every Pokemon I had in my team had awesome natures and IVs. (Blaziken/Adamant, Linoone/Jolly, Gardevoir/Calm, Ninjask/Adamant, Shedinja/Adamant, Wailord/Bold)

i had a torchic....... yeahhhhh not so good
Report Spam   Logged

RIIKYUUUN~<3
Lombre Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2011, 07:56:07 pm »

i had a torchic....... yeahhhhh not so good
What happened?
Report Spam   Logged

Tuxedo Mask
YAY!
Lotad Hero

Fear The Rose!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2011, 07:26:37 am »

it was level 100
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: