Ludicom
March 28, 2024, 03:20:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Retro Advance General Discussion Topic

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Retro Advance General Discussion Topic  (Read 454 times)
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« on: July 07, 2011, 07:55:21 pm »

Similar to the Retro General Discussion topic, but especially for Gen III! Since I feel that Gen III deserves a general chat/ToT type area too. Talk about anything related- playthroughs you want to share bits from, stories, you catch my drift.

I didn't like Gen III much when it came out, but it's grown on me as I've become fond of the SP (probably one of my all time favorite systems now) and as I've grown older. That's not to say I didn't play them when they came out (I did), but it's just recently that I've come to appreciate what they've got to offer. FRLG is actually one of the best games for newbies to Pokemon due to the many in-game features and resources it offers.Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

RIIKYUUUN~<3
Shoubu wo... MONKEY nan da yo!
Lombre Legend

Kissu jya, JoJo de wa nai... KONO DIO DA!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 07:57:16 pm »

Gardevoir, nuff said, brotatoes.
Report Spam   Logged

"This hand of mine sparkles with a fabulous power; its shining grip tells me to dazzle you! FABULOUS FINGER!"
Richie was born a female, he posts about his transition into manhood and the struggles he goes through. He's a real inspiration Q_Q
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 04:42:51 pm »

Gardevoir, nuff said, brotatoes.
There is so much Rule 34 of this one that I'm always scared to Google pics of it. xD

Anyways, figured I'd make a post here. Cheesy

So, Gen III is a lot like a lost generation. A lot of people just didn't play it, or disliked it so much that they never gave it a chance. I was one of the people who hated RS when they came out. I played them, yeah. But the whole of Gen III passed me by until recent years, when I've taken up buying used games to relive what I played when I was younger. And you know what? All things considered, they aren't terrible. Granted I still prefer FR/LG to RSE, but I can play them now and actually enjoy it. Heck, the GBA has grown on me too (not the original, oh god no, I mean the SP). They're the perfect combo of retro and modern, so to speak- not so old that the graphics make your eyes sting, but not so new that you're truly impressed. xD

Also, am I the only person who actually likes the way GBA carts are? They're bigger and harder to store, yeah, but there's something about how all of the old games (as in before the DS games) had colored carts that just screams nostalgia to me.
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 04:49:23 pm »

Gen 3 is totally the most epic gen, it's the beginning of interestingness that was in future gens to come and the end of bland plots like gen 1 and 2.  I enjoyed Hoenn a lot.  Tbh FRLG wasn't as good (also I could never beat the e4 in that xD ).  I like Colosseum and XD as well, though they are mega difficult.  Channel FTW Grin my Jirachi is bitchin'
Emerald was epic, I replayed it recently and it was super cool, an enhanced version of RS.  I was so excited when Emerald came out because I loved Sapphire and having enhancement is cool.  I recommend Emerald to everybody.  Pokémon was on a good track when Gen 3 started, starting an era leading us into the current awesome BW.  People who didn't like Gen 3 were only annoyed because of compatibility issues, which I don't blame for being upset about.  I had lots of fun in Gen 3, Hoenn was an exciting and interesting place (despite the boring water routes >.< ) and lots more interesting than teeny tiny region johto Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 04:55:18 pm »

I still love Johto bunches. xD But yeah, Hoenn is more bearable to me now.

Agreed about the Emerald- I loved it compared to RS. Only thing I dislike is the lack of Zangoose. ANGGGHHHH NO. xD I disagree about FRLG though- they rock and are great for beginners due to being a back to the root of the series type of deal alongside forced tutorials. Also, the E4 is easy to beat? xDDD

Channel was cute, but it got old fast =/ Always wanted to play XD though...
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 05:02:41 pm »

channel was epic except for those three individual channels that were mega tedious, I played through channel twice it was super xP

and for FRLG the e4 is a nightmare, I find FRLG the hardest of the main series, I can't even get past Lorelei even with a lv60something charizard and lv100 alakazam, it's impossible.  I'm usually a good trainer in loads of battles, I took out other e4s in mere minutes but this one is too tough.  Some parts of the games was easy but most of kanto was far too difficult.  The game wasn't boring, but it's a nightmare to win.  And then I never got to the point where I could do the quest to trade with other games, which is still a weird and hard quest to do from what I see.  I dont recommend it for beginers.  I recommend something like Sapphire for beginers because hoenn is a pretty easy region (except for the seafloor cavern) with a victory road that is doable unlike frlg's spiralling cavern of impossibility.  The tutorials were useless too.  but yeah the e4 is totally messed up.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 05:05:17 pm by The Sarge » Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 06:16:45 pm »

I've never had an issue with the FRLG E4. Maybe it's just you? I was able to get past it with a full team of level 56's... Easily. With no deaths. In a Nuzlocke. Granted you will use some Full Restores along the way, but yeah, it's really doable. xP I was never able to get through RS as a kid, no clue why, but never even got past the E4. xDDD

Actually, beginner games as they go, Johto is probably the best out there. You don't need super insane levels to get by the Gyms or E4, and for those looking for more of a challenge, Kanto, E4 rematches, and Red are all viable options.

Of course, that's for a different topic.

Anyways, Gen III is great for beginners, we can agree on that. xDDD
Report Spam   Logged

Verathim
Emerald Hoarder

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2011, 08:15:56 am »

But the E4 in FRLG wasn't tough. Hell, I played through it with Pikachu, Zapdos, Charizard, Nidoking (Not sure on the rest of my team. Maybe had a Vaporeon, and some other Flying type, but yeah xP).

Though I loved all the Gens so far, especially Emerald. I mean emerald had one of the greatest plots. I also like the Battle Frontier. Probably the only discouraging thing for me was the issues on getting particular Pokemon, but other then that, the series was great.
Report Spam   Logged

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8585-9856

Found 100+ Shinies in XY combined

Mains Samus, Pit and Sonic (Will main other newcomers)
RIIKYUUUN~<3
Shoubu wo... MONKEY nan da yo!
Lombre Legend

Kissu jya, JoJo de wa nai... KONO DIO DA!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2011, 08:54:04 am »

But the E4 in FRLG wasn't tough. Hell, I played through it with Pikachu, Zapdos, Charizard, Nidoking (Not sure on the rest of my team. Maybe had a Vaporeon, and some other Flying type, but yeah xP).

Though I loved all the Gens so far, especially Emerald. I mean emerald had one of the greatest plots. I also like the Battle Frontier. Probably the only discouraging thing for me was the issues on getting particular Pokemon, but other then that, the series was great.
All of this!!!
Report Spam   Logged

"This hand of mine sparkles with a fabulous power; its shining grip tells me to dazzle you! FABULOUS FINGER!"
Richie was born a female, he posts about his transition into manhood and the struggles he goes through. He's a real inspiration Q_Q

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: