Ludicom
March 28, 2024, 03:55:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Pokémon Projects- Keychains and Charms (get some freebies!!)

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pokémon Projects- Keychains and Charms (get some freebies!!)  (Read 1336 times)
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2011, 06:43:10 pm »

So I'm working on the raw material for the charms, but came across a dilemma. There's a few ways I could do the bases. I tried all three and took a picture for comparison.

The one on the left is completely flat (would probably be best for necklaces or those concerned about sharp edges, as none are easily present), the one in the middle has the sides flayed out a lot and the middle indented slightly to allow for extra sticky to keep the card in place, and the one on the right is in between the two styles, with the sides slightly pulled out and the middle indented.

As far as differences in surface are offered, only the one on the left has any significant difference, as it offers a slightly larger space for an image. The other two are roughly the same in the amount of space offered- the main difference is how far the sides were pulled out, as it creates a different effect.

So, what do you guys think looks best? Would love to hear what others think on the matter. Personally, after using a piece of scrap paper cut for testing how it will look, I think the one on the right looks best, but the one on the left might be good for those who prefer smooth edges and large images (roughly 1/3-1/4 larger).

Also, please ask if you're interested in any Pokemon, my new batch did get some good draws, including a couple legendaries and some other kinda cool stuff... Also have some Gen V for those wanting that (not nearly as many as my pre-Gen V collection, but meh). It's really faster to ask me and have me answer than it is for me to list everything xP
Report Spam   Logged

RIIKYUUUN~<3
Shoubu wo... MONKEY nan da yo!
Lombre Legend

Kissu jya, JoJo de wa nai... KONO DIO DA!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2011, 06:48:54 pm »

Root Beer!!

Anyways, will you be posting your finished results here?
Report Spam   Logged

"This hand of mine sparkles with a fabulous power; its shining grip tells me to dazzle you! FABULOUS FINGER!"
Richie was born a female, he posts about his transition into manhood and the struggles he goes through. He's a real inspiration Q_Q
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2011, 06:55:59 pm »

Root Beer!!

Anyways, will you be posting your finished results here?
Ikr? It was on sale- each bottle came out to about $0.50- delicious and cheap!

And of course! All of the stuff mentioned in this topic will be posted up once I finish for you all to see. Smiley Since it's my first time making anything but drawings and such for Pokemon related things as well, it's kind of exciting. xP

Also, update on store status!

I'm supposed to be going to the craft store this Thursday (my mom wanted to come with, go figure). So I'll be prepping caps and cards until then... Make it easier on myself to throw them together LOL I'll probably have a few finished sometime Thursday or Friday to post up. The clay stuff will take longer, so it may not show up for awhile, but you'll see WIP pics too, if you're interested.

EDIT: Decided to take some pictures demonstrating the difference in appearance with a small Dratini cutout for reference. The Dratini wasn't cut out well, no. xD But it doesn't need to be. I'm just using it to show you how each is different- this includes the size increase for completely flat ones, as well as how the ruffles on the side look.

Left: http://www.smfforfree.com/gallery/ludicom/0/1_22_07_11_7_12_50.jpeg
Middle: http://www.smfforfree.com/gallery/ludicom/0/1_22_07_11_7_10_12.jpeg
Right: http://www.smfforfree.com/gallery/ludicom/0/1_22_07_11_7_11_39.jpeg
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 07:15:44 pm by Kloud » Report Spam   Logged

RIIKYUUUN~<3
Lombre Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2011, 07:42:30 pm »

Sweetness.

Awright, I can't wait to see them.
Report Spam   Logged

"This hand of mine sparkles with a fabulous power; its shining grip tells me to dazzle you! FABULOUS FINGER!"
Richie was born a female, he posts about his transition into manhood and the struggles he goes through. He's a real inspiration Q_Q
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2011, 07:45:47 pm »

Actually, I could probably widen the image on the middle cap a tad, but it'd still be close to the right cap.

Anyone have an opinion on the one they like best?
Report Spam   Logged

RIIKYUUUN~<3
Lombre Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2011, 07:49:44 pm »

I'm liking the right one, I like the edges. n_n
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2011, 08:04:59 pm »

I'm liking the right one, I like the edges. n_n
You too, hm? I can't say I disagree, it is my personal favorite as well. Cheesy I'm planning on making most of them after that style if nobody who wants one asks for a different style. I plan on using Energy Cards to make the custom fit for each, though, since each cap ends up getting hit a little differently (I use a hammer to change them LOL)... I want these to look nice <3

Also, my mom is going to be a little less than pleased when she realizes some of the clay stuff I'm making is Pokemon... xP She thinks I'm too old for it. But hey, I can make whatever I want! Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

RIIKYUUUN~<3
Lombre Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2011, 08:11:31 pm »

You too, hm? I can't say I disagree, it is my personal favorite as well. Cheesy I'm planning on making most of them after that style if nobody who wants one asks for a different style. I plan on using Energy Cards to make the custom fit for each, though, since each cap ends up getting hit a little differently (I use a hammer to change them LOL)... I want these to look nice <3

Also, my mom is going to be a little less than pleased when she realizes some of the clay stuff I'm making is Pokemon... xP She thinks I'm too old for it. But hey, I can make whatever I want! Tongue
Hellz Yeah!

I knew you used a hammer.
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2011, 08:16:11 pm »

Hellz Yeah!

I knew you used a hammer.
Unsure which Pokemon I want to make, though. I've got some deciding to do! Because I'll only have so much supplies, and I've got other stuff I'm supposed to make.

And LOL, it's pretty obvious when you see the left one. But yep! It's not as easy as it looks to pull the edges out with a hammer ;~; xP

If nobody likes the left one, I might make it into a coin of some sort... Or a necklace charm. Idk. Trying to figure out what to do with all of the clay and caps I'll accumulate.
Report Spam   Logged

RIIKYUUUN~<3
Lombre Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2011, 08:18:08 pm »

Unsure which Pokemon I want to make, though. I've got some deciding to do! Because I'll only have so much supplies, and I've got other stuff I'm supposed to make.
Randomize.
Arbok, I chose at random.
n_n
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2011, 03:59:15 am »

I like the Middle and Right, but not the left.  The left looks a bit too squished Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2011, 10:02:56 am »

I like the Middle and Right, but not the left.  The left looks a bit too squished Tongue
LOL, it's completely flat, so of course xP

But thanks Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2011, 02:15:10 pm »

So, updates.

Still waiting on the craft store trip obviously. Managed to figure out where I can buy key chain supplies (well, everything but the actual chain part and the part you screw into clay figures so you can hook them up, go fig, I guess I'll make do). I'm planning on visiting the local bead store tomorrow to see what they have to offer since I need glass beads for a different project I'm working on.

Currently, I'm working on processing the caps I do have. So far, I've got...

Flat: 1
Wide: 1 (reserved by JCB for his charm)
Midsize: 2 (I'm now making them with more shallow indents because I think the first's was a tad deep- if it isn't, I can always deepen the others later)
Unprocessed: 2

Beyond this, my craft list/things to make:

JCB's bottlecap keychain
Any bottlecap keychains I want
Any clay figures/keychains I want
Two clay-cat-bead chains (one for mom, one for sister)
One cat clay figure, size small (for mom)

I think I should be able to get away with one slab of clay. If I have leftovers, I might add a small Pokeball or Pokemon charm onto the bottlecaps for fun. I might buy a second slab of clay for any future wants... I'll need a lot of different acrylic paint colors and several brushes. Beyond that, I need a hole puncher, acrylic glaze, a shaping tool, and of course the actual keychain supplies.

Of course, pics as progress xD
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2011, 12:22:28 pm »

Updates updates. More for you all xD

So craft trip is on Thursday, which is coming fast! Cap collection is going well, with three caps ready and six waiting to be changed. I used the flat cap as a test of some supplies I got the other day.

I'm using a type of super glue made to seal paper to metal to affix the cards to the caps. So far, the results look great, the only concern is the edges, which will end up being covered with acrylic glaze in the ones I make for real, so that'll be perfectly attached. Hole punches won't break through the caps, so I'm unsure what I want to do. I have found that I can bust holes in the caps using nails and the hammer, but I need larger nails for the hole to be the right size. I'm just hoping I can get a hole punch made for metal. I did go to the bead shop, it sucked (like most of the local stores) and was way overpriced.

I did manage to find some things to use as the little bit you put at the top of a figure so you can attach it to stuff, but none of the other parts, so those will have to wait.

And that's the update... xD So, hopefully I'll have some pics for you guys once I get the supplies and get going on this... I'm really excited to see how it turns out!
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2011, 02:12:05 pm »

Alright, so tomorrow's the day. Smiley

I currently have 9 caps waiting to be made, 1 wide, and 4 slight ones (one of which isn't quite done being tweaked yet). So lots to do!

I'm considering making a whole lot of clay stuff, so I might get extra clay and paint and make things like Gym Badge sets and such. Would anyone be interested if these were offered as a prize for a contest/etc at some point??
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: