Ludicom
February 07, 2023, 03:16:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Ludicom's Story: Lost World

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ludicom's Story: Lost World  (Read 145 times)
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« on: August 14, 2011, 09:36:31 pm »

Meet Kloud Asterisk. She's become bored of staying in her house, and since she has the day to herself and no plans, she has decided to leave her house and go on a walk. There are a few locations available to Kloud when she leaves her house. Which way should Kloud go?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 10:13:33 pm by Kloud » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 12:30:11 pm »

<Group Command> Go to Town

Kloud decides to go to Town. Since it's early in the day, Town is fairly empty, as most people are at work or at school. The only busy establishments are a coffee house and a small movie theater that isn't even a theater, just a guy with a big tv, some DVDs, and some chairs. Kloud decides against going into either as she isn't thirsty and she doesn't have the patience to sit through movies, especially in such a crappy theater.

Luckily, it's a nice day out, so it's worth staying outside for awhile. However, the bright sun reminds her of her lost hat. Kloud had a hat that she had been keeping in her closet for such occasions, but it had gone missing some weeks ago. She's pretty sure her sister trashed it to annoy her, but don't worry, Kloud got her revenge by coating the underside of her sister's pillow with ketchup.

But that's a different story for a different day. Kloud continues walking...

"What the hell...?" Kloud said. She has spotted a boy of perhaps 13 by the River in Town, wearing what looks exactly like her hat! But how would a boy she'd never met have obtained her hat...? Maybe he just bought the same hat. Kloud thought to herself. Even though I've never seen another one exactly like mine, that makes the most sense.
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 03:00:11 pm »

Kloud looks away too late- the boy sees her staring at him and starts to run over.

Shit, shit, shit. He's probably a weirdo. Kloud thought. She wasn't going to run, since it was just a 13-year old, but at the same time, it made her uneasy. He eventually caught up to her and tapped her shoulder. She turns around to face him.

"Hiya there!" he said cheerily. "Thanks for the Hat, lady!" Kloud's face contorted into an expression of confusion. What the hell...? So it is my hat?

"Sorry to disappoint, but I think you've got the wrong person... I don't know you." Kloud said, backing away.

"But I know you!! You gave me the Hat. You put it in the Closet for me!" The boy smiled.

This kid is creepy.... "I'm gonna go..." Kloud turned and started to walk away, but the boy grabbed her arm.

"Come on! We gotta get going or I'll be late and then I'll get in trouble...." The boy said as he started to pull Kloud along with him. He was freakishly strong, considering his age. Kloud started to worry. This kid is strong.. What do I do?!?

"Just... Where are we going?!" Kloud said, still trying to pull away.

"Away." The boy looked back at Kloud. "By the way, the name's Reed." Reed, still smiling, continued to pull a kicking and yelling Kloud away from Town. "You're gonna get us caught..." Reed said as he looked back again. "Shh."

BONK!

He hit Kloud on the head, and now dragged her along.
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 10:30:12 pm »

What... What just happened...? My head hurts...

Kloud stood up and looked around.

"There aren't any beaches near Town... How did I get so far away from home?" Kloud looked worried. "Maybe I can find someone and ask them where this is..."

Just as Kloud decided her next action, a Plague Wolf ran out of the treeline towards Kloud, growling fiercely.

"What the hell is that?!?!" Kloud said. It started to corner her, slime dripping from its mouth...

The sound of metal cracking bone could be heard. A young man in a white shirt and gray and black hat held a mace looking item, which was now covered in the Plague Wolf's slime. He looked bored.

"Heh, what's this? You aren't a Local, and you still got cornered by a Plague Wolf?" He started laughing.

"What the hell was that?!?" Kloud was still shaking.

"You must be new here, huh...?" He chuckled some more. "Name's Michael."

"I'm Kloud." Kloud replied.

"Well, if you were chosen too, I'd say you owe me for that..." Michael said with a grin.

"....Owe you...?"

"Yeah. Maybe you and me could go have some fun in the dunes?" Michael said, grinning wider still.

"Ehhh?? No way in hell, pervert!" Kloud said, her face reddening.

"Aww.... Well, I guess there is something else. You see, I need a Partner before I'm able to cross over to the next Area. None of the Locals want anything to do with me, so I've been having a hard time finding one. Though Elise did say some newbs would be coming in.... But still, who would have thought even a newb would be so weak? Do you even have your Symbol yet? I'd prefer it if my Partner could actually take care of themselves." sneered Michael.

"What the hell is going on...." Kloud said flatly. "No, I don't have a Symbol. I don't even know what one is!"

Michael lifted his mace up and it shrunk back into its Symbol form. He wiped the slime off of it. "This is a Symbol. Without a Symbol, you're pretty much doomed..."

"Then how do I get one?!"

"You gotta find the person who took you here." Michael said, shrugging. "Good luck with that, though. Whoever it is is probably hiding to challenge you.... And there's more dangerous things out there than Plague Wolves. It's been fun playing n00b hour with you, but I really do have better things to do..."

Kloud's heart sunk. So I have to find Reed or die...? Geez. I should have just stayed home...

"Wait! Um.. If I get my Symbol, will you be my Partner?" Kloud asked. I don't really like him... But it's better than being stuck alone in this weird place. Michael turned around, still smiling slightly.

"Why not...? I'll wait in the nearby city- it's called Conch City. Meet me there if you've got the guts." And with that, Michael turned and left for Conch City.
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 02:49:35 pm »

Kloud sighed and looked around her. Nothing. This place.... Where is it...? Where do I look for a creepy little kid? Let's see... There's some trees, a city... That must be Conch City... And then there's some rocks at the end of this beach. I don't know.

Kloud decided to head towards the trees to look for Reed.

---Meanwhile, in Conch City---

Michael laughed as he swung his Meteor Hammer, sending yet another opponent flying. It was covered in the blood of the Locals he had fought so far. This is fun! Not only can I do whatever I want, but I also get to better myself through these fights!

Most of the Locals had retreated to their homes, not wanting to fight. No way were any of them going to Partner with him!

"What a lowlife." a bored sounding voice said. Footsteps were heard and a young man walked up to Michael.

"You got something to say, you pretentious little prick?" Michael said, looking towards the young man.

"Antoine thinks you're a lowlife who only relies on brute strength." Antoine said, sneering slightly.

"Who the fuck is Antoine? You're a freaky little shrimp, aren't ya? I'll call you Douche." Michael said.

"..." Antoine looked less than pleased. "Antoine was wondering if you needed a Partner." He may not be great, but he's better than the others I've run into... Even if he is an idiot, he is strong... And I need all the help I can get.

Michael laughed. "Sure! I was gonna wait for this chick who's still looking for her Symbol, but if you've got one, let's scram! I bet you'd make a better Partner than a girl, anyways!"
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 08:42:21 pm »

The trees weren't as thick as your traditional forest, which made the going slightly easier. Kloud glanced around, slightly nervous. What if another Plague Wolf attacks...? Or something worse...? On the ground, Kloud spots a Hammer. She picked it up.

"I guess it's better than nothing..."

Kloud equipped the Hammer! She continued through the wooded area, not seeing anything... She eventually made her way out of the wooded area and into the rocky area by the beach.

"Ya know... I was kinda thinking you'd have found me sooner." Reed's voice could be heard. Kloud swung around and saw the boy.

"Well, maybe you could have explained what the hell you were doing?!" Kloud said angrily. "I want to go home."

"Sorry, nope! But, since you found me, you can have your Symbol. It's called the Empty Set." Reed handed Kloud a small, ovular object.

"Gee, thanks." Kloud said flatly.

Kloud unequipped the Hammer and equipped the Empty Set!

"You're welcome!" Reed didn't sense Kloud's sarcasm. "You should probably get a move on! Find a Partner and get moving~"

Of course Pipsqueak over there is no help... Guess I'll go find Michael...

"Riiiight. Thanks, I guess..." Kloud said, turning towards Conch City. She had spent about an hour looking for Michael before getting fed up.

"SON of a bitch." Kloud's voice was seething with anger. "He ditched me!"

"Chill your jets." a calm voice laughed.

Kloud quickly turned around. "Oh. Um, hi."

"What's got you so mad?" he asked.

"This guy was going to tell me about what the heck is going on, and Partner up with me, but he ditched me..." Kloud said, irritation still in her voice.

"I see... By the way, my name's Lee."

"I'm Kloud." Kloud said, nodding back to Lee.

"If you need a Partner to get off of this island, I'd be happy to oblige. I have to get to the mainland too, after all." Lee said. I hope this one isn't as crazy as the other people I've run into lately...

"Alright." Kloud said, smiling. He's strange, but at least he seems nice.
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2011, 10:55:31 pm »

A man watched Kloud and Lee leave Conch City from the shadows. How interesting.... Several new Symbols have shown up lately. I'd say I have something to gain from keeping an eye on these developments...

Ross followed Kloud and Lee silently at a slight distance, completely unnoticed.

---

"Alright, Douche, you got any idea of what we're supposed to be doing? Elise just told me that I needed to get a Partner to leave Conch City, she never mentioned what to do next." Michael said, sounding bored as he and Antoine continued down the path leading from Conch City.

"Antoine wants to know who Elise is." Antoine said.

"Elise...? She's this freakishly strong twelve year old who brought me here." Michael said, shrugging. "She didn't tell me shit, though. This may be fun, but it'd be nice to know what's going on, or why we're here."

"Nobody brought Antoine here." Antoine said. "Antoine woke up here one morning with Marjolaine." He lifted up his hand to show his Symbol, a bronze arrowhead with a string which he held it by.

"...So you don't got any answers, then." Michael sighed, exasperated with Antoine. This guy is annoying as fuck.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: