Ludicom
June 20, 2024, 07:53:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

OTACON - Anime and Manga Discussion (with Metal Gear Solid)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 84
  Print  
Author Topic: OTACON - Anime and Manga Discussion (with Metal Gear Solid)  (Read 17243 times)
Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2011, 07:52:43 pm »

Bump.
Report Spam   Logged

lightball20
When in Higurashi always suspect your friends of wanting to murder you.
Tempo Owner

Main FC: 2666-1672-0114

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2011, 10:51:16 pm »

Ya when i see otacom i dont think of otaku, i was looking through the title when i looked for a manga thread and saw this title but thought it was something else, try changing it and see if you get more people in here

Right now I'm reading a manga series called Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, its like a horror psychological mystery manga that is made of 8 main story arcs, the thing that makes it interesting is that while each individual(other than number 4) story arc is at the core the same, parts of it are different, like in each one other than the last almost all the main characters dies but the order, how, and who kills them is different in each one.

Has anyone heard of this manga or happen to have read it, i am having problems finding some of the parts,
i cant find Higurashi no Naku Koro ni ~ Matsuribayashi chapters 15 - 23, they exist in japan but i cant find them on any sites
same with Higurashi no Naku Koro ni ~ Tsumihoroboshi chapters after chapter 6 exist in japan but i cant find them anywhere translated into english
Report Spam   Logged

Chim Chim|Sparky|Mr. Fish|Dart|Horn|Sting
How come nearly every guy in this damn game, player or not, is absolute eye candy?!
RIIKYUUUN~<3
Shoubu wo... MONKEY nan da yo!
Lombre Legend

Kissu jya, JoJo de wa nai... KONO DIO DA!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2011, 05:34:22 am »

Let's see, the anime I've watched recently...

MM!
To Love Ru
To Love Ru - OVA
Koreha Zombie Desuka
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimao
Maria Holic
Maria Holic Alive
To Aru Majutsu no Index
To Aru Majutsu no Index II
To Aru Kageku no Railgun
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Oh. And I tried watching the Tsubasa anime, but when I saw that Digimon thing I dropped it, especially because somehow if a feather is nearby it's eyes open. Makes. No. Sense. (I don't hate Digimon, I just hate that, thing...)
My friend told me that the manga explains more about the story, so I might be checking that out.

I think that's it that I've seen in the last month or so.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should watch...?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 05:47:44 am by Richie » Report Spam   Logged

"This hand of mine sparkles with a fabulous power; its shining grip tells me to dazzle you! FABULOUS FINGER!"
Richie was born a female, he posts about his transition into manhood and the struggles he goes through. He's a real inspiration Q_Q
Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2011, 09:39:49 am »

Oh. And I tried watching the Tsubasa anime, but when I saw that Digimon thing I dropped it, especially because somehow if a feather is nearby it's eyes open. Makes. No. Sense. (I don't hate Digimon, I just hate that, thing...)
My friend told me that the manga explains more about the story, so I might be checking that out.

You dropped Tsubasa for 1 arc? D:
But yeah, definitely the manga is better. The anime stops at 1/3 of the original story and then spew bs.
If you read the manga though, you could watch the ovas since the ovas are teh awesomeness.

As for me, what I watched recently... :3

Deadman Wonderland - This one is awesome. Definitely worth watching. Gory though.
Digimon Frontier - I hadn't watched it yet so I downloaded it. The animation sucks but the story is cool.
Evangelion 1.0 and 2.0 - The remake of the series in 4 movies. The 3rd one should come out soon. Amazing remake. Not like the other movies which were more like retelling of the same story. These have some major plot twists.
Ano Hana - This one is the best Drama I have ever watched out of any media!
C - The animation and style were cool but the story seemed rushed. 11 episodes weren't enough but the ratings were low so they took it down.
Digimon Xros Wars - The first half of the latest series. It has the awesomest animation of any Digimon series and it beats most shounen series too. The story for the first half was cool. The second half is more like fan-service.
Kami Nomi 2 - Just like the first one, this one was epic. If you don't know, that's "The World God Only Knows".
X-Men - Out of the 3 that are complete (Iron Man, Wolverine and X-Men), this one was the better. But it still doesn't beat most original Japanese series.

As for what I am currently watching...

Steins;Gate - This one has to be my favorite this season. It's about time travelling but in a more serious sci-fi way. Not like those fantasy shounen.
Chaos;Head - From the same guys as Steins;Gate. It's cool and I really like it but the main character is a pain from episodes 1 to 10 and considering it only has 12 episodes, it's like or don't like.
Digimon Xros Wars: Aku no Death General - The second half. It really focuses on friendship more than the first and there's fan-service every episode. Considering Nene's skirt and Mervamon's appearance but also for foes.
Lucky Star - I finally took on this series. It's really funny.
Sacred Seven - One of two new series I took. I love the hero's design and I took it mostly because of it but also because the op is sung by Fiction Junction.
Blade - The other new series I took. Completing the 4 anime contract between Marvel and Madhouse. The style for this one is much more American-like than the others.
Tiger & Bunny - Japanese anime superheroes. There's a twist though. Heroes compete in a television program. When they arrest criminals and save civilians, they get points and each of them aim for the trophy of Champion Hero. Lots of CG.
Report Spam   Logged

RIIKYUUUN~<3
Lombre Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2011, 03:31:32 pm »

Yes. I did.

I might start watching Lucky Star again because I didn't watch that much of it.
Should I watch the English dub or sub?
Report Spam   Logged

"This hand of mine sparkles with a fabulous power; its shining grip tells me to dazzle you! FABULOUS FINGER!"
Richie was born a female, he posts about his transition into manhood and the struggles he goes through. He's a real inspiration Q_Q
Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2011, 06:14:58 pm »

Yes. I did.

I might start watching Lucky Star again because I didn't watch that much of it.
Should I watch the English dub or sub?

Sub.
There are but a few series worth watching dubbed.
Stuff like Code Geass, Cowboy Bebop and others... That Supernatural anime too. Not Lucky Star.
You just need Konachan's original seiyuu.
Report Spam   Logged

RIIKYUUUN~<3
Lombre Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2011, 07:03:29 pm »

Sub.
There are but a few series worth watching dubbed.
Stuff like Code Geass, Cowboy Bebop and others... That Supernatural anime too. Not Lucky Star.
You just need Konachan's original seiyuu.
True.
Like the "Timote" part.

I actually watched the dub of Haruhi Suzumiya, pretty good.
I've been meaning to watch Code Geass, and I watch Cowboy Bebop when it's on on Saturdays.

I'm watching Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya Kun right now, I when to random and it brought me to it, I'm only on the third episode but it's pretty good from what I've seen.
Next on my list is Lucky Star, Code Geass, and others.
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2011, 09:33:35 pm »

True.
Like the "Timote" part.

I actually watched the dub of Haruhi Suzumiya, pretty good.
I've been meaning to watch Code Geass, and I watch Cowboy Bebop when it's on on Saturdays.

I'm watching Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya Kun right now, I when to random and it brought me to it, I'm only on the third episode but it's pretty good from what I've seen.
Next on my list is Lucky Star, Code Geass, and others.

You like Bebop?
Report Spam   Logged

RIIKYUUUN~<3
Lombre Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2011, 09:37:46 pm »

You like Bebop?
Yeah. I watch it every Saturday.
It's one of those anime that I thought would be weird but it turned out to be really interesting.
Bounty Hunter kind of shows have that effect.
Report Spam   Logged

lightball20
When in Higurashi always suspect your friends of wanting to murder you.
Tempo Owner

Main FC: 2666-1672-0114

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2011, 09:52:08 pm »

You like Bebop?
dont all anime fans like Bebop
Report Spam   Logged

Chim Chim|Sparky|Mr. Fish|Dart|Horn|Sting
How come nearly every guy in this damn game, player or not, is absolute eye candy?!
RIIKYUUUN~<3
Lombre Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2011, 10:01:24 pm »

True enough. True enough.
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2011, 10:02:33 pm »

Not Starrk... -.-
Report Spam   Logged

RIIKYUUUN~<3
Lombre Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2011, 10:04:40 pm »

Not Starrk... -.-
Really?
Then he's the first person that I've heard of who doesn'y like bebop, literally.
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2011, 10:19:40 pm »

Really?
Then he's the first person that I've heard of who doesn'y like bebop, literally.

Yeah. And he keeps saying that I don't like good anime too.
Report Spam   Logged

RIIKYUUUN~<3
Lombre Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2011, 10:22:10 pm »

So apparently, an Otaku who supposedly has no taste in anime, how devilishly ironic.
What does he specify as 'good'?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 84
  Print  

Jump to: